Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Vote for your best park 2019

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
In 2016, my beloved Rockery opposite Preston Park was voted best garden in England. I have a wonderful evening collecting the accolade at Lords Cricket ground from Graeme LeSaux and it was largely down to you guys for voting for us.

Someone has nominated us again so i'd love to give it another go.

We're at the bottom of page 2 but there are other parks you might feel more suited to vote for

http://www.fieldsintrust.org/best-park/south-east

Many thanks for looking, I will shamefully bump this every so often.

:thumbsup:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
So it's Blakers Park we're voting for ?

As Queen's Park has been scandalously omitted, I have voted for The Rockery.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry [MENTION=2019]jevs[/MENTION], but somebody's only gone and nominated both the Rockery AND Preston Park. Love them both equally, and shame to split the vote, but voted Preston Park this time. Only on account of having voted Rockery the year you won it.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Sorry [MENTION=2019]jevs[/MENTION], but somebody's only gone and nominated both the Rockery AND Preston Park. Love them both equally, and shame to split the vote, but voted Preston Park this time. Only on account of having voted Rockery the year you won it.

That's no problem mate....I look after the horticultural side of Preston Park now....front beds, between the tennis courts and rose garden. When I say I look after, I mean I have a superb team of volunteers who do it....I just tell them what needs doing then provide them with coffee and biscuits :bowdown:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That's no problem mate....I look after the horticultural side of Preston Park now....front beds, between the tennis courts and rose garden. When I say I look after, I mean I have a superb team of volunteers who do it....I just tell them what needs doing then provide them with coffee and biscuits :bowdown:

Have to say that's a stunning walkway that little pathway down the middle of the tennis court area, past the wild flower field leading to the rotunda and the rose garden. Amazing stuff! :bowdown:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Have to say that's a stunning walkway that little pathway down the middle of the tennis court area, past the wild flower field leading to the rotunda and the rose garden. Amazing stuff! :bowdown:

There are plans afoot for some serious changes to that area. If we're going to plant it up with lots of colour, it will need small fences permenantly put in to stop the constant stream of dogs, dog owners and anyone else who thinks it's absolutely fine to walk all over the planted areas.
Watch this space.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
There are plans afoot for some serious changes to that area. If we're going to plant it up with lots of colour, it will need small fences permenantly put in to stop the constant stream of dogs, dog owners and anyone else who thinks it's absolutely fine to walk all over the planted areas.
Watch this space.
He's got it! By jove, he's got it!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here