Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Birmingham City v Brighton And Hove Albion 15.00 KO St Andrews

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
After a seriously bedwetting performance against Fulham chucking away 3 points playing silly attacking football the team travel to Brum hoping for more luck in todays vital 6 pointer which could decide who stays up and goes down come May next year , the good news is it looks like Seagulls TV or whatever it's called will be showing the game so commiserations to those that have already given Brum a fiver for the pleasure .

Albion central defender Dan Burn will be no stranger to his surroundings this afternoon when the Seagulls head to the St Andrew’s Trillion Trophy Stadium to face Birmingham City.

The imposing centre half spent six months on loan in the Midlands during the 2013/14 campaign, and looks back on his time at today’s opponents with nothing but fond memories.

He said, “I really enjoyed my time there, I was only at the club for six months but it felt as though it was a lot longer.

“I’ve said in the past that had they tried to sign me, I would have definitely gone there. I made some good friends at the club, who I still keep in contact with now.

“The manager at the time was Lee Clark, and he’s actually now in charge of Blyth Spartans, which is the team from where I grew up, so it’s a bit surreal.

“My dad’s a big Newcastle United fan too and I remember going up there with him and sitting in his office, we got on really well.

“We probably didn’t get the results overall that we wanted, but we picked up just before I left, so it was a good time overall.”

The spell at the Sky Bet Championship club followed another temporary switch to Yeovil Town the season before, and Burn spoke about the progression that the move afforded him in the second tier.

“At the time the move was a good fit, I had a good year at Yeovil and I knew I wanted to make the step up to Championship,” he continued.

“Me and Lee got along really well, and I really liked the way he wanted to play and things like that.

“Birmingham was and still is a massive club, so it was step-up that I enjoyed, and it was a pity I had to leave.”

Albion face Valencia at the Amex Stadium in their final game of pre-season after today’s contest, and the defender looked back on the work that’s been done so far under new head coach Graham Potter.

“Pre-season has been really good, and I said before that it’s a lot different to what the lads have been used to.

“It’s a lot more football based, and I think we’re coming along well. We’ve had a couple of games and have a few left, which will give the manager a better idea of the team he wants to play on the opening weekend of the season.

“I think fans will have seen we’re more expansive with the way we play now and it takes time to get those ideas across, but training’s been really good and we’ll look to take that forward.”

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Can anyone tell me how to get the new "Seagull TV".

I have had no luck so far.

You have to subscribe to it first, it's about £40 a year from memory, handy for U23 games and these Friendlies If they follow through on their promise of live action unlike the ifollow platform of the past 2 seasons.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
You have to subscribe to it first, it's about £40 a year from memory, handy for U23 games and these Friendlies If they follow through on their promise of live action unlike the ifollow platform of the past 2 seasons.

Think you'll find it's free at the moment.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Looking forward to this.Potter is a local lad who was at Blues' academy,and played in the first team in 92/93 alongside 'Sneaky' George Parris.Pitch won't need watering as it has been peeing down all night.Here's hoping Potter is a 'football genius',and not Hyppia mk 2.:albion2:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Nope, free at the moment, link above.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Struggling with SASTA at the moment heading to St Andrews. Comforting to know that if Virgin trains are offering as poor a service and we get no further than Milton Keynes I will be able to watch the game on my phone.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm going to be a bit perturbed if we still aren't treated to:-

Big Jurg - inside left
Andone - centre forward.
Ali J - inside right.

That's clearly how the jigsaw was supposed to be put together.
But if the last 2 managers don't share my blind faith and optimism, I guess there's a chance, just a chance, they know more about football than me.

Mercy me.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007

Big Jurg - inside left
Andone - centre forward.
Ali J - inside right.

But if the last 2 managers don't share my blind faith and optimism, I guess there's a chance, just a chance, they know more about football than me.

Mercy me.

Yep wouldn't be surprised to see a team like this:

Ryan

Montoya
Duffy
Dunk
Bernardo

Propper
Stephens

Ali J
Gross
Locadia

Murray

Subs: Button, Sanders, Burn, Kayal, Alzate, Baluta, Connolly, Trossard, March

However I hope it's not going to be that obvious!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

Big Jurg - inside left
Andone - centre forward.
Ali J - inside right.

Mercy me.

I agree with you 100% on these positions, alas I also know very little about football .:salute:

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
GP has said that he will give the whole squad as many minutes as possible

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
GP has said that he will give the whole squad as many minutes as possible

So we're only playing with 10 men!!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yep wouldn't be surprised to see a team like this:

Ryan

Montoya
Duffy
Dunk
Bernardo

Propper
Stephens

Ali J
Gross
Locadia

Murray

Subs: Button, Sanders, Burn, Kayal, Alzate, Baluta, Connolly, Trossard, March

However I hope it's not going to be that obvious!
Wouldn't be a great surprise, but neither would I be surprised if one of the young midfielders got in there, also March and Trossard. Someone other than Murray up top too?

Still, there'll probably be at least half a dozen subs at or soon after half time, so I guess all permutations are possible.

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
IMG_1734.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here