Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gareth Bale: What a waste

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Off to retirement and monkey tennis in China on more money per week than a lot earn in a lifetime.

Such a shame he’ll be essentially playing meaningless friendlies.

Murray has proved you can still smash the Premier League well into your 30s.

Why effectively retire now?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We're not talking Leon Knight here. Bale has gone as far as he can in club and international football though, there's nothing else for him to accomplish so he might as well conquer China and bank a shedload of cash.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Seems like Zidane being a c**t to me.

Bale has been the ultimate professional, not gone grizzling anywhere, kept his head down, cracked on and always available when called upon. Their other winger Asensio done his cruciate this week in one of their friendlies and is out for the season, Bale scores against Arsenal, and still ZZ says "nothings changed". He wants him gone.

Bale must have banged his missus or something.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
We're not talking Leon Knight here. Bale has gone as far as he can in club and international football though, there's nothing else for him to accomplish so he might as well conquer China and bank a shedload of cash.

Yeah, but has he not already got a shedload of cash? how many sheds does he want? never going to spend what his already earned as it is.

Clearly not interested in playing competitive football, just a greedy see you next tuesday

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A duplicitous club President, squeezing out any foreign players deemed to be financially holding the club back from signing the latest fad (Pogba). To free up wages and for the huge fee.

Always been the way at Real and Barca, politics rule. With a pathetically arse licking sports media fed the soundbites and lies.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
There might be a place available for him at Brighton if he's interested. As has been mentioned, he doesn't need a huge wage to pay the bills.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Off to retirement and monkey tennis in China on more money per week than a lot earn in a lifetime.

Such a shame he’ll be essentially playing meaningless friendlies.

Murray has proved you can still smash the Premier League well into your 30s.

Why effectively retire now?

He's won the Champions league 4 times with the biggest club in the world, anywhere he goes now is down, so why not secure his family's future forevermore? That is why we work isn't it?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He's won the Champions league 4 times with the biggest club in the world, anywhere he goes now is down, so why not secure his family's future forevermore? That is why we work isn't it?

Unless he's got a mega-serious gambling problem (or a drug problem that would have killed him years ago, which obviously he hasn't) he's already secured his family's future forevermore several times over.
Just face it, for most NSCers, a couple of weeks of his wages - or a month's at most - would solve all our financial problems for life.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011

Are you seriously suggesting that with all the money he has earnt currently in his career he has not already secured his family's future?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Unless he's got a mega-serious gambling problem (or a drug problem that would have killed him years ago, which obviously he hasn't) he's already secured his family's future forevermore several times over.
Just face it, for most NSCers, a couple of weeks of his wages - or a month's at most - would solve all our financial problems for life.

Are you seriously suggesting that with all the money he has earnt currently in his career he has not already secured his family's future?

If a recruiter contacted you with a job offer, doing pretty much the same work you do now, probably a bit easier but tripling your pay, you wouldn't seriously consider it?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Scored the greatest goal ever in a Champions League final, and the greatest goal in the Spanish domestic cup final ever, among many others.Has done OK if you ask me.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

No matter how much you earn, it's only human to want more.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If a recruiter contacted you with a job offer, doing pretty much the same work you do now, probably a bit easier but tripling your pay, you wouldn't seriously consider it?

Yes I would - but I get £15K a year! You really must be stupid if you think there's any comparison.

If I had a few houses, all paid for, in choice locations, a choice of expensive cars to drive and several £millions in the bank, and somebody offered me a job for £45K per annum I'd tell 'em to stuff it. Unless it was something I really wanted to do and loved doing, in which case I'd probably be quite happy doing it for nothing. Which is what most thirty year olds who love playing football do.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here