Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Random Obscure Albion Trivia

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm sure Albion played a pre-season friendly against Torquay United whilst I was on holiday in Torbay in 1976.

I only found about it after the match.

We arrived there for two weeks on August 14th.

Can anyone confirm or deny that this is the fog of memory ?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I'm sure Albion played a pre-season friendly against Torquay United whilst I was on holiday in Torbay in 1976.

I only found about it after the match.

We arrived there for two weeks on August 14th.

Can anyone confirm or deny that this is the fog of memory ?

It was played on August 6 1976 (although the programme was incorrectly dated August 11).

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It was played on August 6 1976 (although the programme was incorrectly dated August 11).

Thanks.

It's interesting how memories fuse. For some reason I was convinced we were in Torbay at the time. Clearly my brain remembers both occurrences but has fused the two together as one. I probably read about the Oxford United result from the 21st and that is where the secondary memory has surfaced.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
Used to love going to see Radio One On The Road when on holiday if it happened to be in the area we were staying, with Tony Blackburn or Diddy Hamilton, etc and Smiley Miley's Mileage Time.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Used to love going to see Radio One On The Road when on holiday if it happened to be in the area we were staying, with Tony Blackburn or Diddy Hamilton, etc and Smiley Miley's Mileage Time.

Although that was a bit predictable. Brighton to Eastbourne was 25. So you just needed to remember it from previous years.....

Bits and pieces anyone ?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Love a bit of Albion obscure trivia.

Which Albion official still had a few thousand still for "sale",(cough),cup final tickets in his desk after they had all apparently "sold out" through usual channels ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here