Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Moving from Brighton

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lol...you suggesting people in any numbers will walk across a field for the buss....and like I said that coast road gets a tad busy ..crossing the Norfolk bridge is bad enough..and yes Shoreham station is a tad distance from the training centre...not withstanding all this people will/do commute to Brighton...it’s just not quite as easy as you think

Never been there but would have thought that there is a footpath over to the bridge, obviously not.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
me and the wife are thinking of moving from Brighton once we've had some work done on our flat and put it on the market

realistically with a child we need more space and Brighton isn't really the place where that's going to happen, so we're probably going to have to bite the bullet and move elsewhere. I work in Brighton and my wife works in Worthing so we're thinking either moving west or north of brighton.

things we need are:

-alright schools
-comfortable commuting distance to brighton and/or worthing (to Brighton needs to be done by public transport)
-decent sense of community and "stuff" to do
-ability to afford a "reasonably priced" 3 bed property

who here has experience of a similar migration? Looking at the market we can definitely afford places like Southwick, Shoreham, Lancing, Worthing and at a push Portslade/Mile Oak and going north Haywards Heath and Burgess Hill
Me and Mrs MBH moved from Preston Park to Southern Cross 7 years ago. 5 mins walk from Fishersgate and 10mins from Portslade stations. Buses every 5 mins. Lovely lovely community and now we've got 2 little ones a wonderful local school and nursery. Plus The Stanley, Foghorn and the (real) Battle of Trafalgar.

My cycle commute into Brighton takes 20 minutes.

We're not moving ever again

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Shoreham is nice, moved there from Brighton. Lived there for about 9 years, but when the little un arrived & needed a house instead of a flat, we were forced further west to Lancing. The gentrification of Shoreham is almost complete, with house prices rivaling Lewes
Lancing's ok; the high street is dying a death though. Oh, & our house is on the market; we'll end up in Penzance the things are going!

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Just incase you didn't know. If you move as far as somewhere like Worthing, Eastbourne, Haywards Heath, you lose your automatic right to sing ' We support our local team' at the amex. You will only be able to contribute to chants about the county of Sussex. No Brighton & Hove chants whatsoever even if you want to move back.

Really not worth leaving Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here