Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Moving from Brighton

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I've moved a little north of Brighton! It's been nearly a year now - house prices in the nicest parts of Leeds are broadly similar to Newhaven!

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I’ve lived in Shoreham for five years and really like it. In fact I can’t see me ever leaving. However, I’m not sure there is much more potential for it to grow/improve so if I was moving now and was looking for somewhere that could develop a lot in the next five to ten years and leave me with a much more valuable property I think I’d consider Lancing. It’s a bit of a dump in places just like Shoreham once was, but I predict that will change soon now Shoreham is full and people look for the next town along the line to invest in.

Yeh I've got that in the back of my mind. I think Lancing has a bit of a stigma attached to it which pushes prices down but looking at what you get there compared to both Shoreham and Worthing either side of it you can get a lot more for your money and hopefully it'll improve a lot in the future as people migrate west.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm inclined to agree if you're looking at it as a temporary stop gap and investment etc . . . . However, all the coastal towns/villages have good and bad patches, you really need to spend a day in a town walking around and getting a feel for it. We bought our house thinking it was perfect for us, 16 years ago, we have no plans to move, ever, so value is irrelevant (although I couldn't afford to buy it now!)

I’ve lived in Shoreham for five years and really like it. In fact I can’t see me ever leaving. However, I’m not sure there is much more potential for it to grow/improve so if I was moving now and was looking for somewhere that could develop a lot in the next five to ten years and leave me with a much more valuable property I think I’d consider Lancing. It’s a bit of a dump in places just like Shoreham once was, but I predict that will change soon now Shoreham is full and people look for the next town along the line to invest in.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I've moved a little north of Brighton! It's been nearly a year now - house prices in the nicest parts of Leeds are broadly similar to Newhaven!

Mrs DFP and myself are currently weighing up a move to Leeds, specifically the Roundhay, Chapel Allerton, Moortown area. Really struggling to find reasons not to.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Don't move from Brighton. If you change your mind you'll never be able to afford to move back.

I moved from Brighton to Southampton for work and now I'm stuck in Worthing!:tantrum:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Don't move from Brighton. If you change your mind you'll never be able to afford to move back.

I moved from Brighton to Southampton for work and now I'm stuck in Worthing!:tantrum:
This is something that is said often, but I don’t particularly subscribe to. If you want to move to an area that much then surely you’d be prepared downsize?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Although I agree with the idea, if you're in a flat and need more space for a child, staying here isn't always an option.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Mrs DFP and myself are currently weighing up a move to Leeds, specifically the Roundhay, Chapel Allerton, Moortown area. Really struggling to find reasons not to.

They are nice areas, but it is difficult to move back down south when you want to. It took me 33 years to get back, and still have a mortgage now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here