Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Poor old Bury

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If the Bury fans in the town had actually gone to matches maybe they wouldn't have gone bust ???

I knew I could rely on you for a bit of compassion.

You’re back from dropping Big Jurg off quickly :smile:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
"the EFL failed to give a late rescue bid from a Brazilian millionaire enough of a chance"... hmmm. its fine these people saying the EFL haven't given them a chance, why was the bid so late in the day?

clutching-at-straws.jpg

Yoda

English & European
"the EFL failed to give a late rescue bid from a Brazilian millionaire enough of a chance"... hmmm. its fine these people saying the EFL haven't given them a chance, why was the bid so late in the day?

From the sounds of it, Dale had 4 bids on the table but was only dealing with the one until it collapsed with less than an hour til the deadline.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
[Some great footage from 1902 of the crowd, a shit quality of football and Fatty Foulkes of Sheffield United, who makes Stockdale look anorexic.

The opponents? The recently defunct Bury :down:

Bury’s attack described as a patchwork quilt without the design :lolol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UkVZZnrC4E

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I don't think you understand the difference between local sides and professional football clubs either. It's a business nowadays end of. If you don't have sufficient revenue it's going to be very difficult to compete.
As i said the Premier league and it's billions could do a lot more. I hate the greed of it and always have done. As it stands this is my last season as a season ticket holder. I've had enough of football now and the tipping point is VAR. If Var is the future then i don't want to be part of it. It's not the football i grew up to and love.

Well said Spence, nail on head !

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Brazilian sounds about right for the haircut on the value of Bury!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here