Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Poor old Bury

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
RIP Bury

Will they even be able to be resurrected in the lower leagues, or will the ground be sold to pay off debtors?

It may seam a lifetime to some but to me it does not feel that long ago when we were on the edge.
Really feel for the fans,

The ground has been named as an asset for the 7 million loan so if that cant be paid then the ground is theirs. This is what it looks like when Archer totally wins.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
RIP Bury

Will they even be able to be resurrected in the lower leagues, or will the ground be sold to pay off debtors?

It may seam a lifetime to some but to me it does not feel that long ago when we were on the edge.
Really feel for the fans,

There's a big mortgage on the ground I believe. taken out surreptitiously by the previous owner, Day. It was one of the reasons the deal collapsed. I think there is also a separate mortgage on their social club.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
As long as Manchester United, Manchester City and Liverpool are all right who really cares?

Bury did get promotion overspending and owing other clubs money they have no intention of paying. They arent exactly angels in this but they are owned by someone who has been accused of asset stripping in the past. I am not sure we should be advocating that the Manchester and Liverpool clubs should be further lining this persons pockets.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Fit and proper test will show again what a pointless and gutless test it is. It is criminal these tossers get control of clubs. There should be a host of new regulations that need to be added to the articles of association to be a league club. EFL have proved again they are not fit for purpose and should be ashamed.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
So many clubs around that area is it worth it ? Gates will always be a few thousand meaning struggling again.

I despair at the greed of the Premier league.and it's billions

I just feel so sad, they were one of the first clubs. Its taken for granted that this is the greatest sport on earth but clubs like Bury started it.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
RIP Bury. Sadly, not the first and certainly won’t be the last. Got to stop this madness of spending well above means at all levels of the footballing pyramid whilst everyone is encouraged to worship at the PL alter as if thats the be all and end all. It bloody well isn’t. And if you’re a dad taking your son to football practice and he wants a City, Barca or god forbid I’ve even seen kids wearing Paris SG shirts on S.Bucks’ pitches...give your head a wobble and take ‘em to your local club and buy their shirt instead. Wear with pride.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
There's a big mortgage on the ground I believe. taken out surreptitiously by the previous owner, Day. It was one of the reasons the deal collapsed. I think there is also a separate mortgage on their social club.

An odd mortgage where 40% of the money didn't go to Bury so they could secure a low interest rate.

Although all the focus is on the current owner (as you say), he bought a basket case. Same with Bolton.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Fit and proper test will show again what a pointless and gutless test it is. It is criminal these tossers get control of clubs. There should be a host of new regulations that need to be added to the articles of association to be a league club. EFL have proved again they are not fit for purpose and should be ashamed.

From the article from @elpresidente they shouldnt have been given the CVA they dont know what they are doing.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Up to this point I haven't written on this post. Unusual for me, being as I'm a gobshite. PL clubs, us, and the rest, should be helping the likes of Bury and Bolton. They cannot be allowed to just fade away. Why? Because the arrears of these age old clubs are less than the salary of a run of the mill player in the PL. With conditions, they cannot see clubs fall by the wayside whilst we get richer. We have a duty to do to them for what they did for us. This is a big issue for us that were helped by all the other clubs back in 97. We cannot see these clubs go to the wall.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Bury's owner only got the CVA through by cooking the books by selling debt to his daughter's significant other.

Yea whilst also saying that his daughters significant other had no interests with the owner... How Fking hard can this be for the EFL to work out when agreeing a CVA unless their memory lapses when they see shiney things pushed towards them.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Absolute ****ing shambles... can't believe what a disgrace the whole thing is. Feel so awful for everyone associated with the club - dark days indeed

Ultimately, the League has to be held accountable. This happened under their watch. That Debbie Jevans seems to have worked her socks off, bless her, but it was too little, too late.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here