Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Poor old Bury

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
How can you do business this time of night? Are they burning the oil at Lytham St Annes waiting for a solicitor to fax through a signed contract?

I guess the EFL just want some evidence the purchase is credible so they can give a stay of execution to allow the deal to be done.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
how do we know the new owner is going to solve the issue? are we saying anyone will be accepted by EFL just so they can crack on with the rest of their fixtures? seems to me at this point they should be suspended rather than expelled, relegated and see if they are viable as a club for next season.

how do we know the new owner is going to solve the issue? are we saying anyone will be accepted by EFL just so they can crack on with the rest of their fixtures? seems to me at this point they should be suspended rather than expelled, relegated and see if they are viable as a club for next season.
That's actually quite a good solution, although it means no income for the club this season whereas if they are expelled from The Football League, then maybe the NPL or North West Counties League
would bend their rules to have such a big club. Can't see them doing that if they're going to be playing in League 2 next season though.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
How can you do business this time of night? Are they burning the oil at Lytham St Annes waiting for a solicitor to fax through a signed contract?

They'll be wasting their time if they are. The EFL moved to Preston some time ago.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
But if the fans don’t go why should a club be saved by others ? At the end of the day all these clubs overspend and if the PL gave each of them a million they would go and spend 2 million

We over spent every season we were in the Championship .... the last season in particular.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's also incumbent on chairmen, ours included, not to gamble with their clubs future for short term success. Although financial disparities between the leagues strongly incentives this.
incumbent isn't going to force chairman to do the right thing. It needs to be legislation rather than good intentions.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Given until 5pm on Tuesday to conclude their deal. The company buying them doesn’t look in great shape unless they’re getting a load of investment themselves. El Pres may view it differently.

Andy Holt at Accrington has apparently been helping out one of the parties that were looking at it, but not clear if it’s this lot

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Looking grim for them, deal for C&N Sporting to buy the club is off

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
“The EFL board has been informed that C&N Sporting Risk will no longer be pursuing their interest in Bury FC. The League announced at the weekend that it was working exclusively with the club and C&N in an attempt to finalise a change of control at the club. However, following a period of due diligence, C&N have opted not to progress matters.

“The League continues to be in discussions with Bury FC in advance of today’s 5pm deadline and will provide a further update as appropriate.”

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
500 fans there now clearing the ground for Saturday including some from other clubs

I’m rapidly losing interest in the football pyramid

Albion could probably save Bury with Lewis Dunks wages

It’s not right just not right

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
500 fans there now clearing the ground for Saturday including some from other clubs

I’m rapidly losing interest in the football pyramid

Albion could probably save Bury with Lewis Dunks wages

It’s not right just not right

All these years on from our plight it is also astonishing that amongst all of the ‘fit and proper’ tests, FFP, accounts being submitted etc rogue owners still have to be power to buy and destroy clubs

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
TELEMMGLPICT000207244630_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqwD2sfO9joeQ6RY-qlTATNAiFteeUz2KwpgR8oifxjy0.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
C&N, according to the numbers published over the weekend, never had anything like the money necessary to take over anything (more debt than assets).

This may be delusional but I wouldn't be surprised if a last minute buyer didn't suddenly materialise, either for Bury or Bolton. Obviously I hope so.

Otherwise, a sad day for the two towns.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here