Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor old Bury

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class Juan Albion's Avatar
    Pontypool (Not THAT Pontypool, the one with the zombies)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by I remember the good times View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bury must not be kicked out of the league. Why should the fans and players suffer because of one man?
    MARTIN KEOWN
    Steve, can I just ask. I'm just looking for a solution now. Is it not in the best interests if you step aside?
    Do you own the land the ground sits on? Are you holding onto that for any reason? Are you hoping this club dies a death so you can sweep up and sell the land?

Where have we heard that before? If that doesn't tug some memories then you should check out our history and go and spit on the Goldstone Retail Park.
    They must not die. Rather than kick them out there must be a way to evict the chairman. How about setting up a new club, Bury 2019, and moving all their staff to another temporary ground. Bad idea but better than just losing a club.
    No hurry to set up a new club as they are too late for this season anyway. I'm sure it will be considered if they do go belly up.
    Daniel Ortega must go. Hero turned villain. Murderous scum.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Jacob Schilt(pic:SebDaly) Nottseagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Perfidious Albion View Post
      It would be a nice gesture if Man U offered to come and play a friendly , just to help them out ... I can't see it happening though.
      They could play neighbours Bolton in a two-legged friendly, or as many as it takes to make both clubs solvent
      Quote Originally Posted by Juan Albion View Post
      Does anyone else share my bizarre pleasure and have a site they can recommend?

0 Not allowed!
      Bury must not be kicked out of the league. Why should the fans and players suffer because of one man?
      MARTIN KEOWN
      Steve, can I just ask. I'm just looking for a solution now. Is it not in the best interests if you step aside?
      Do you own the land the ground sits on? Are you holding onto that for any reason? Are you hoping this club dies a death so you can sweep up and sell the land?

Where have we heard that before? If that doesn't tug some memories then you should check out our history and go and spit on the Goldstone Retail Park.
      They must not die. Rather than kick them out there must be a way to evict the chairman. How about setting up a new club, Bury 2019, and moving all their staff to another temporary ground. Bad idea but better than just losing a club.
      If only it were that easy.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Perfidious Albion View Post
      It would be a nice gesture if Man U offered to come and play a friendly , just to help them out ... I can't see it happening though.
      And give more money to the same chairman they want to get rid of?

Unfortunately given the mismanagement I can’t see how Bury get out of this. They got promoted with a team they couldn’t afford and are paying the price now.
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010

1 Not allowed!
      MARTIN KEOWN

They need to do what Carlton did and register the ground as an asset of the community. That means that he cant then sell it off to be developed without first offering it to the community to buy. It saved The Valley. Its a new law since the Goldstone.

1 Not allowed!
      So proud of our fans giving their support to Bury fans on this Facebook page.
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/803639006674538/
      We cannot let these teams be lost to history and something needs to be done from the FA to sort out this mess with teams like Bury and Bolton.

1 Not allowed!
      About 50 fans turn up to their ground for a demo, if they don't care why should anyone else
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
      About 50 fans turn up to their ground for a demo, if they don't care why should anyone else
      Because Bury FC represent more than just the current generation of supporters. Past and future generations are just as important.
      The worthiness of their cause should not be judged on numbers at a demonstration.

0 Not allowed!
      Having been there seen it happen ,i wouldn't wish it on anyone . Sadly i see no way out for Bury . Here's to Bury 2019FC ,perhaps FCUM could help them with a groundshare after all Bury let them play at Gigg lane when they started.
      In The ex Legion now known as Lower Bourne Social Club again

0 Not allowed!
      On the BBC football headlines tonight, It’s still not as big a story as Rangers drawing 0-0 with Warsaw in the who gives a **** zooropa cup...
      “Everything about this looks wrong. The run-up is too long, too straight, and you know it’s going over the bar ... it goes over the bar, and Brighton have stolen a trip to Wembley! That is an absolute burglary! And that is the FA Cup!”