[Football] Poor old Bury

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
It would be a nice gesture if Man U offered to come and play a friendly , just to help them out ... I can't see it happening though.

Too busy trying to compete with the other giants of Europe in Asia & the US. Days of glamour friendlies for football league clubs is a thing of the past.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Bury must not be kicked out of the league. Why should the fans and players suffer because of one man?
MARTIN KEOWN
Steve, can I just ask. I'm just looking for a solution now. Is it not in the best interests if you step aside?
Do you own the land the ground sits on? Are you holding onto that for any reason? Are you hoping this club dies a death so you can sweep up and sell the land?

Where have we heard that before? If that doesn't tug some memories then you should check out our history and go and spit on the Goldstone Retail Park.
They must not die. Rather than kick them out there must be a way to evict the chairman. How about setting up a new club, Bury 2019, and moving all their staff to another temporary ground. Bad idea but better than just losing a club.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Bury must not be kicked out of the league. Why should the fans and players suffer because of one man?
MARTIN KEOWN
Steve, can I just ask. I'm just looking for a solution now. Is it not in the best interests if you step aside?
Do you own the land the ground sits on? Are you holding onto that for any reason? Are you hoping this club dies a death so you can sweep up and sell the land?

Where have we heard that before? If that doesn't tug some memories then you should check out our history and go and spit on the Goldstone Retail Park.
They must not die. Rather than kick them out there must be a way to evict the chairman. How about setting up a new club, Bury 2019, and moving all their staff to another temporary ground. Bad idea but better than just losing a club.

No hurry to set up a new club as they are too late for this season anyway. I'm sure it will be considered if they do go belly up.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
MARTIN KEOWN

If only it were that easy.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It would be a nice gesture if Man U offered to come and play a friendly , just to help them out ... I can't see it happening though.

And give more money to the same chairman they want to get rid of?

Unfortunately given the mismanagement I can’t see how Bury get out of this. They got promoted with a team they couldn’t afford and are paying the price now.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
MARTIN KEOWN

They need to do what Carlton did and register the ground as an asset of the community. That means that he cant then sell it off to be developed without first offering it to the community to buy. It saved The Valley. Its a new law since the Goldstone.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Having been there seen it happen ,i wouldn't wish it on anyone . Sadly i see no way out for Bury . Here's to Bury 2019FC ,perhaps FCUM could help them with a groundshare after all Bury let them play at Gigg lane when they started.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
On the BBC football headlines tonight, It’s still not as big a story as Rangers drawing 0-0 with Warsaw in the who gives a **** zooropa cup...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here