Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How long do new signings take to settle?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Cpfc ****

Snowflake

Jan 11, 2018
Of all the posts I expected. That wasn't one of them. I expected more about how shit the dutch league is.

Personally I do think they will all make the transition.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Signing someone from the Eredivisie is a bit like bringing a rescue cat home. They look lovely of course, but they may have been abused. Trust will be an issue. Integrating them into a new home, a new culture, will take time. They may be skittish. They could well give you the stink-eye. You must have patience to coax their true skills and personality out of them.

However, in the end, you may have been unfortunate enough to have landed yourself with an out-and-out Jahanbakhsh. In which case of course, the only humane course of action is to tie it into a sack, and lob it over a bridge into the Adur at high tide.

Best all round.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
“The bad news for forwards from Dutch and French clubs is that they took the longest to adjust, playing an average of 18 games before they reached their previous level.”

Oh dear. Both our recent record signings aren’t even past the average yet! Locadia (Played the equivalent of 16 games) & Jahanbakhsh (Played the equivalent of 11 games)!

“The quickest to adapt to life in the English top-flight were midfielders from German clubs and defenders from Spanish clubs, who replicated the form that attracted a Premier League buyer almost instantly.”

Groß & ......Montoya?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Of all the posts I expected. That wasn't one of them. I expected more about how shit the dutch league is.

Personally I do think they will all make the transition.

Agreed, players need a good run of games before we get to see the best out of them. Few of them, perhaps Montoya apart, have really had that yet.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Signing someone from the Eredivisie is a bit like bringing a rescue cat home. They look lovely of course, but they may have been abused. Trust will be an issue. Integrating them into a new home, a new culture, will take time. They may be skittish. They could well give you the stink-eye. You must have patience to coax their true skills and personality out of them.

However, in the end, you may have been unfortunate enough to have landed yourself with an out-and-out Jahanbakhsh. In which case of course, the only humane course of action is to tie it into a sack, and lob it over a bridge into the Adur at high tide.

Best all round.

LoL [emoji23] Ali J is a pussy [emoji192]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here