Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Anyone on here work for Virgin Media

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
This is a post of desperation really - Virginmedia really are the biggest (by absolutely miles) shambles of a company in terms of customer service that I have ever dealt with

Story is this, during the storm the other night, a huge lightning bolt landed somewhere close to my road and the power surge knocked out loads of customers V6 boxes (including mine, it literally blew and now doesnt work at all)

So after hours of trying, I finally got through to someone in Indiai :ffsparr:
Long story short, the agent after pfaffing about with the scripted questions finally agreed to send an engineer with a new V6 box for me this Friday (tomorrow)

Now I've just received a bloody text saying Virgin have fixed the local issues and the signal is now working in my area again so have auto cancelled my engineer visit !!! What the hell, they might have sorted the signal in the area but that repair my V6 box - so now after having booked the day off tomorrow to wait for the engineer I have to try and contact this shower of shit and go through it all again

Is there anyone on here who either works there and can assist or does anyone have any direct phone numbers to Uk call centre people helpppp please

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
One to add to the jobsworth thread.

Hopefully you can get this sorted quickly.

As with most companies you only find out how good they really are when you have an issue.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This is a post of desperation really - Virginmedia really are the biggest (by absolutely miles) shambles of a company in terms of customer service that I have ever dealt with

Story is this, during the storm the other night, a huge lightning bolt landed somewhere close to my road and the power surge knocked out loads of customers V6 boxes (including mine, it literally blew and now doesnt work at all)

So after hours of trying, I finally got through to someone in Indiai :ffsparr:
Long story short, the agent after pfaffing about with the scripted questions finally agreed to send an engineer with a new V6 box for me this Friday (tomorrow)

Now I've just received a bloody text saying Virgin have fixed the local issues and the signal is now working in my area again so have auto cancelled my engineer visit !!! What the hell, they might have sorted the signal in the area but that repair my V6 box - so now after having booked the day off tomorrow to wait for the engineer I have to try and contact this shower of shit and go through it all again

Is there anyone on here who either works there and can assist or does anyone have any direct phone numbers to Uk call centre people helpppp please

Whenever VM have put me through to somewhere like India (and that’s a while ago) ..I refuse to deal with them and insist I speak with someone in the UK.....purely because it’s all script lead....suggest you do likewise pronto

PS retentions team are based in the UK

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I think I spent over an hour on the phone trying to cancel the contract I had with them.

Never had a problem during the previous two years, but won't touch them again after that. ****ing shambles.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Few years ago we had a similar issue with lightning, not customer service, and they were fine. Presume more has been outsourced since then. We had a lightning strike metres away from our house which came through the Virgin cable, blew up 2 cables boxes and 2 tvs. Was pretty impressive! We just had the 1 call to Virgin and it was all sorted double quick. Well quicker than the insurance for the TVs was.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I think I spent over an hour on the phone trying to cancel the contract I had with them.

Never had a problem during the previous two years, but won't touch them again after that. ****ing shambles.

Most service providers are grim when you want to leave.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Never, ever use them.

They oversell and overload boxes and upgrade infrastructure only after they've had enough complaints from mugs like you and me to deem it neccessary.

BT for 7 years and never a single problem.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We’re getting absolutely bombarded with Virgin offers in Burgess Hill since they spent months digging up every single pavement in the town and installing fibre. I’ve heard almost nothing but bad news about their service - especially when things go wrong - so I just used their spamming to negotiate a new deal with Sky (who, to be fair, have been brilliant whenever I’ve had a problem - new box normally delivered and installed within a day or two if any issues).

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Their customer service is truly awful. Been reluctantly with them for 4 years now just because their broadband is so much faster than anyone else around here and I actually have got a good deal in fairness but whenever I have had to deal with them, they have been abysmal. I’ve been blatently lied to numerous times over different issues.

To anyone leaving/thinking of leaving them though, be careful. Through my job, I’ve seen lots of clients who have defaults registered against their credit file in error by Virgin Media when they’ve left them or moved house. They seem to have a habit of not cancelling contracts when they’re supposed to and then still trying to take payments from people who are blissfully unaware and end up with the defaults which screws their credit record.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We’re getting absolutely bombarded with Virgin offers in Burgess Hill since they spent months digging up every single pavement in the town and installing fibre. I’ve heard almost nothing but bad news about their service - especially when things go wrong - so I just used their spamming to negotiate a new deal with Sky (who, to be fair, have been brilliant whenever I’ve had a problem - new box normally delivered and installed within a day or two if any issues).

FOR TV ONLY - I’ve been with Nynex/NTL/VirginMedia since 1994 at three different addresses, and have never had any problems that weren’t solved speedily, at no cost to us. The last issue was years back.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
FOR TV ONLY - I’ve been with Nynex/NTL/VirginMedia since 1994 at three different addresses, and have never had any problems that weren’t solved speedily, at no cost to us. The last issue was years back.

Fair enough. I’ve had everything with Sky for years now and no complaints at all. Could probably save a few quid by switching to Virgin but having used their blitz to get a better deal from Sky I’ll stick, at least for now. I work from home a lot so have to have a reliable broadband connection - in that respect Sky have always been great (next day delivery on new router for example).

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Never had a problem with Virgin and I've been with them about 15 years. The trick is to call early evening once Pune have gone off line and so you get through to their Scottish call centre .... alternatively ask to be put through to their onshore call centre.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Have to say I'm exactly the same. Never had a problem in many years with the various incarnations of Virgin Media and the couple of faults that developed were dealt with swiftly. Luck of the draw I guess.

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton

Same, been with them since 1992 and never had any issues, yes there have been occasional issues but always resolved, never an issue. I think you are either lucky or unlucky with any company as to what customer service you get.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Moved to sky two weeks ago after 13 years of virgin bullshit. Best decision

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I've been with Virgin and it's predecessors for 20 years and have not had a problem. The broadband is excellent and for the most part reliable for me at least. I do agree the phone support can be very tiresome but it normally results in a resolution of the problem. Just one hiccup for me was an appointment that got cancelled without my knowledge which resulted in a wasted day off work.

I don't think it matters which provider you use you will find people that are really happy or really dissatisfied with each. I've heard people slate Sky and BT but it is clear from the responses on here that plenty are perfectly happy with both those providers.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Their Indian customer service is an absolute disgrace.

Had a guy lie to me about how he'd sent through "an update" which would definitely fix the issue I was having with my V+ box not recording anything any more. It was clearly an issue with the hard drive. He wouldn't tell me what update he was sending through, just that everything will be fine and that I should just get off the phone and call him back in 30 minutes after the update had "processed" or some such bullshit.

Absolute joker just wanted me off the phone so he could go home.

The update was of course a lie, so when I called back and talked to a manager, they sent out a free Tivo box no questions asked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here