Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] All This Talk About Our Youngsters . . .

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well? there has been on a lot of it on here this close season, partially driven l suspect from Potter's allegedly being prepared to give young players their chance.

If we were to take that route, who would you like to see given their debut first? and who would they replace?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
He is on loan. as well as about 6 others. see the useful loan tracker thread.

I guess you have to look at Richards, Connolley and Baluta getting a chance this season.

He didn't say we couldn't choose one who is out on loan and of all the youngsters he must be the most experienced

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Looking at where we need to strengthen and who is coming through then Baluta & Connolley have a good chance.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
At the moment we are approaching season with 10 of players we struggled with last season. Unless Bloom comes up with a couple of signings Potter will have to give youngsters a chance. Same youngsters who I assume Hughton didnt think good enough. At this rate with a £150 income we may go down but will be able to pay a good amount back to Bloom

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Got a feeling Richards isn't here to play with the other kids...................will be with the big boys.

I agree, purely because he’s come from City and chose us over interest from a couple of European giants. Having the balls to take a penalty like the other night having just arrived bodes well imo.

This is total gut feel with no foundation though.

What little I saw of the others under CH did not inspire me, have to be honest.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
At the moment we are approaching season with 10 of players we struggled with last season. Unless Bloom comes up with a couple of signings Potter will have to give youngsters a chance. Same youngsters who I assume Hughton didnt think good enough. At this rate with a £150 income we may go down but will be able to pay a good amount back to Bloom

Potter being setup for a fall if that’s the case , surely we’ll get at least 2 New FIRST team players in??????

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I agree, purely because he’s come from City and chose us over interest from a couple of European giants. Having the balls to take a penalty like the other night having just arrived bodes well imo.

This is total gut feel with no foundation though.

What little I saw of the others under CH did not inspire me, have to be honest.

Same TBH.........not much to go on at all (I was at the Crawley game) but he didn't look much like an 18 year old on the pitch. As you say the minerals must be there to a) take the penalty and then b) chip it less than 48 hours after joining the club, in front of a terrace full of all your new fans. Kid seems ambitious too - moving because he has little immediate chance of much first team action at City. No way he's come here to play U23s - he would have stayed at City if he was happy with that.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Richards without a doubt will be pushing for first team. No way would he come to us unless he’ll be stepping up. From the second half at Crawley he looked promising. Good movement, found space, wanted the ball, looking for give and go’s, looked like he could play at a higher level.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Lot's of ideas re the players who may be stepping up, but what about a few names of the established players they would replace?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Lot's of ideas re the players who may be stepping up, but what about a few names of the established players they would replace?

We need pace in midfield so I’d imagine Stephens would be most at risk. Gross although lacking pace has the creativity to make chances. Propper has the touch, presence and passing range to keep the ball moving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

It’s the only way to go, we’d all rather see TB paid back a large portion of his loan, even if that meant relegation.

Better that, than spend large sums on a player or two or three this summer, and face financial armageddon next summer (Villa, Newcastle, Leicester and West Ham).

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It’s the only way to go, we’d all rather see TB paid back a large portion of his loan, even if that meant relegation.

Better that, than spend large sums on a player or two or three this summer, and face financial armageddon next summer (Villa, Newcastle, Leicester and West Ham).

Don’t think he’s expecting any repayment any time soon is he ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here