Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Lyme disease

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Yes my other half did , whilst camping in the New Forest , had to go to hospital, but the antibiotics sorted it out , as she went to hospital as soon as she realised something was not right

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
My bank Relationship Manager through work contracted it in the New Forest last year. Nasty, really nasty. Face dropped on one side very dramatically, and his wife was convinced she was losing him to a stroke.

He's much better now, but still had good and bad days with it. I think it's something that never completely goes away.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Been stung by wasps and hornets, and bitten by mosquitoes and a false widow over the last year. The odds of getting bitten by a tick are low unless you have been through tall grass. To get Lymes Disease the tick needs to have been in contact with deer as well. The odds are therefore pretty low. You were also have likely found the tick attached. The odds are is a mosquito bite, so just check for malaria [emoji6]. By the way the false widow bite was by far the worse; 2 holes, a large lump and a rash on my hand for a month [emoji107]

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
Been stung by wasps and hornets, and bitten by mosquitoes and a false widow over the last year. The odds of getting bitten by a tick are low unless you have been through tall grass. To get Lymes Disease the tick needs to have been in contact with deer as well. The odds are therefore pretty low. You were also have likely found the tick attached. The odds are is a mosquito bite, so just check for malaria [emoji6]. By the way the false widow bite was by far the worse; 2 holes, a large lump and a rash on my hand for a month [emoji107]
You are quite correct ... there seems to be a bit of hysteria around Lyme disease at the moment. We are surrounded by deer where I live and I'm removing ticks from my family every other day. They are really not that hard to find (or remove) the real danger is if they remain attached, undetected for a number of days. If you find a bite mark (no tick) I wouldn't lose too much sleep about Lyme. In fact I know no local cases and believe me round here we are riddled with deer ticks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here