Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Lyme disease

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Not very local, but I heard of someone in Somerset about three weeks ago. Their dog also got Addison's disease.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Got the first symptoms, lethargy, headaches and generally feeling like shite when I was working in SW Aus years ago. We were in the bush all day and I picked up one on the back of my neck. My mate held a cigarette end to the body and the whole thing came out. Rubbed some Vodka on the bite wound and was fine the next day. Daily groin and armpit searches were standard!

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
I Had the symptoms and the rash last year after a camping trip in Sweden. Had to take antibiotics for 3 weeks. not had any recurrence so far.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Ive been bitten by something unknown on my leg a few days back. Para as **** now that I might have lyme disease or something else equally shite.

The bite usually has a characteristic bulls-eye appearance rather than a red lump. If you're unsure, ask your doctor for a blood test.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
My teenage employer in Hassocks had it really bad about 10 years or so ago. It was very very rare at that stage and from memory it really effected his nervous system as it went untreated for ages as they didn't know what was wrong with him. From my understanding it has become a lot more common in recent years. I think he got it from a tick bite whilst playing Golf at Pycombe but as others have said look out for the bullseye rash.

D

Deleted member 2719

In the day you would just turn your B&H around hold it on the tick until it dropped off, prevention is better than cure.

If only we could do this with Cooper and co.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here