Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2019/20 PL prediction articles

Here's one (that does little more than state the bleeding obvious) that's predicts 18th place....maybe put them all in a single thread......

https://www.forebet.com/en/football-match-previews/5357-brighton-a-hove-albion-season-preview

Am usually a half glass full supporter, but I think we are going to fair very poorly this season, unless we get those much needed signings. Spent little whilst others have added to their squads, aging Murray & inexperienced manager - we have to be nailed on for a bottom 3 place currently. Hopefully we have the troops on the way to the Amex?

amconcerned.com

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I've been talking about this with non-Brighton friends. I'm in the odd position of being pessimistic as to our chances while simultaneously rather excited at the season to come.

As ever, it's the hope that kills you. Until the season kicks off there's always the chance that Mr Bloom has played an absolute blinder.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Agree with the prediction. As it stands we are nailed on for relegation. Virtually every prediction will be the same. Who came blame them ? Total disappointment in the window to date.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Am usually a half glass full supporter, but I think we are going to fair very poorly this season, unless we get those much needed signings. Spent little whilst others have added to their squads, aging Murray & inexperienced manager - we have to be nailed on for a bottom 3 place currently. Hopefully we have the troops on the way to the Amex?

amconcerned.com

Seems to me that Taylor Richards has the makings of a real deal quality signing that Potter will hopefully see fit to fast-track into first team contention. Beyond that, can see Potter's 'recruitment guru' having a tough time justifying his own recruitment status. Too many recruitment cooks spoiling the broth already.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Seems to me that Taylor Richards has the makings of a real deal quality signing that Potter will hopefully see fit to fast-track into first team contention. Beyond that, can see Potter's 'recruitment guru' having a tough time justifying his own recruitment status. Too many recruitment cooks spoiling the broth already.

Lots of recruitment cooks but no signings :lolol:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I don't think we're going to seriously flirt with relegation this season. I think we're a right back short of a full squad and I believe there is the talent in the side to be comfortably lower mid-table this season. I think we'll be 15th, which is not unreasonable.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I don't think we're going to seriously flirt with relegation this season. I think we're a right back short of a full squad and I believe there is the talent in the side to be comfortably lower mid-table this season. I think we'll be 15th, which is not unreasonable.

Couldn't disagree more. This is the same dogshit squad from last year.
Where are we getting 50 goals from?

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent

How can we suddenly miraculously improve...unless we have additions (quality at that) we are destined to fail big time....We need to embrace the youth and blood them, absolutely, but we cannot be relying on them to turn us into a quality PL side over night..

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
How can we suddenly miraculously improve...unless we have additions (quality at that) we are destined to fail big time....We need to embrace the youth and blood them, absolutely, but we cannot be relying on them to turn us into a quality PL side over night..

Just by playing a different way. By having someone in the same half as a lonely 50 year old striker, by not turning round and running back to the 18 yard box instead of challenging for a 50/50 ball on the half way line, by not restricting the way the wingers play, by trusting the full backs to do their job rather than having the wingers doubling up as full backs, to have more than one option when bringing the ball out of defence, by not going into a game against a top 10 side with the sole intention of keeping the score down for 75 minutes and then seeing what happens.

There may well be a reason we've seen virtually nothing from any of our signings so far. We've invested heavily (relatively) over the last two seasons, just to keep throwing money at what may not even be a problem isn't the wisest idea.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Frankly, we'll just have to wait and see. I don't believe the squad is dogshit, I believe the tactics were and the set up of the team benefitted absolutely nobody.

I am confident that we're going to see a significant improvement under a different manager who attempts to use his players to the best of their ability, rather than having a rigid formation and tactic (singular) and trying to fit the players to it.

It remains to be seen, I could be totally wrong and we could be this years' Huddersfield. From the outside looking in, I would think we're going to struggle. But I believe in the players, and I believe that the manager will use them in a smarter, more effective manner.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Frankly, we'll just have to wait and see. I don't believe the squad is dogshit, I believe the tactics were and the set up of the team benefitted absolutely nobody.

I am confident that we're going to see a significant improvement under a different manager who attempts to use his players to the best of their ability, rather than having a rigid formation and tactic (singular) and trying to fit the players to it.

It remains to be seen, I could be totally wrong and we could be this years' Huddersfield. From the outside looking in, I would think we're going to struggle. But I believe in the players, and I believe that the manager will use them in a smarter, more effective manner.

A team who went into complete free fall after Xmas managed by a manager with no Premier league experience and very little improvement to the squad. Very wishful thinking.

I don't believe we have enough goals in us again this season. We are basically banking on Murray on hitting double figures.again. Sorry but Andone and Locadia don't cut it for me.
Unless Potter can turn an U23 into something decent i think it's Championship football. I'm still holding out for two big signings from us.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I suspect the prediction in this article will be pretty close to the truth. It's hardly rocket science.

None of us want to see us relegated but realistically with very little squad strengthening so far and a relative novice of a manager it's fair to think we will be one of the 4 or 5 teams fighting the drop. I would have us, Sheffied United and Burnley as the three most likely. Have a feeling Norwich might just survive like we did in the first season on a run of form from the Championship, and Bruce will just do enough with Newcastle to keep them at bay. Got all 3 relagated clubs predicted correctly last season, so I hope my predictions this season are wrong.

Let's hope Potter can weave some magic this season and prove the doubters wrong (including myself).

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
A team who went into complete free fall after Xmas managed by a manager with no Premier league experience and very little improvement to the squad. Very wishful thinking.

I don't believe we have enough goals in us again this season. We are basically banking on Murray on hitting double figures.again. Sorry but Andone and Locadia don't cut it for me.
Unless Potter can turn an U23 into something decent i think it's Championship football. I'm still holding out for two big signings from us.

Of course it's wishful thinking - I'm ever the optimist! I am perfectly prepared to be totally wrong, but I firmly believe the players are good enough. I think we'll see more goals from wingers this season, which isn't saying much because if you credit Izquierdo with the goal at Newcastle, the wingers for 4 (FOUR) between them all season. Which is pathetic, and my man Jahanbakhsh offered 0 of them. That won't happen again, he'll pop up with a few goals this season and hopefully Trossard will do as well.

I think Andone is far better than a lot of people think, his goals to minutes ratio last season must be quite good - we just didn't get him on the pitch enough. This season he's got a full pre-season, hopefully he won't have the same anger issues this season. Locadia as a number 9 is good enough in my opinion, he might never be a golden boot contender, but I think he'd get towards double figures in the right team.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

£50 to the REMF: 15th or higher for you and 16th or lower for me.
?
Might make the season a little less tedious at least.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
BHA 2018 v BHA 2019

Where we are stronger

Some of our under 23s are closer to having an impact that they were

Where we are weaker

Murray a year older
If Montoya was a better bet than Bruno at Right Back, he would have been in the team at the end of the season

Unknowns

Can Potter get more than Hughton out of the team? Hughton wasn’t a bad manager. Potter could be the breath of fresh air we need or we could plummet down the table under a deluge of goals conceded.
We could still strengthen
We could still lose Dunk
Can Trossard match or beat the performances of Knockeart?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here