Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2019/20 PL prediction articles

SAC

May 21, 2014
At the moment, 18th looks about right. At the end of the transfer window I expect there will be new bodies in and a bit less pessimism in predictions.

Southampton and Burnley fans are probably just as worried and I haven't heard B'muff and Palace strengthening their squads (although I could have missed it). At the moment it looks like at least one of the three promoted teams, possibly all three, fighting it out with the usual half a dozen PL teams who managed to avoid relegation last season.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Playing a different way and it working is what we are pinning our hopes on.

To me the defining gif of the Hughton era was Murray turning back for support when 10 yards through on goal. I love Chris Hughton, but we need to be positive in word and deed under Potter to progress.

Just by playing a different way. By having someone in the same half as a lonely 50 year old striker, by not turning round and running back to the 18 yard box instead of challenging for a 50/50 ball on the half way line, by not restricting the way the wingers play, by trusting the full backs to do their job rather than having the wingers doubling up as full backs, to have more than one option when bringing the ball out of defence, by not going into a game against a top 10 side with the sole intention of keeping the score down for 75 minutes and then seeing what happens.

There may well be a reason we've seen virtually nothing from any of our signings so far. We've invested heavily (relatively) over the last two seasons, just to keep throwing money at what may not even be a problem isn't the wisest idea.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
£50 to the REMF: 15th or higher for you and 16th or lower for me.
?
Might make the season a little less tedious at least.

I have absolutely no interest in betting with someone online. My gambling days are behind me, thanks. :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought this was a thread about Premier League predictions?

I get some shite on here for being dull, but I'm not the only one who needs to take a look at their recent post history.

Can anyone honestly state for a fact they are writing something new?
Or even writing something they haven't posted at least 10 times already this Summer.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I thought this was a thread about Premier League predictions?

I get some shite on here for being dull, but I'm not the only one who needs to take a look at their recent post history.

Can anyone honestly state for a fact they are writing something new?
Or even writing something they haven't posted at least 10 times already this Summer.

I tried :shrug::shrug:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
An uninspiring report but little too disagree with.
I believe the change of manager will see an improvement but we still lack leaders on the pitch, Bruno took the lead on his own to rescue last season, our midfield is so slow I wouldn't look out of place and Murray cannot play for more than half a season if used right.
That said there are several other teams just as likely to go down so game on.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Let's be honest who knows? We don't know the squad yet, we don't know if our new style will work yet. We don't know if the 1st half of last season was our true form or the second half. We don't know if any of the kids have improved enough to play yet. We don't know the players feelings and morale yet. We don't know how big the loss of Bruno and Knocky will be. We just don't know enough to form any sort of coherent view currently.

At this current moment I would say squad is weaker, fan optimism is lower and from the outside it doesn't look like there is too much going on with regards to strengthening the squad. But there is so little to go on right now its impossible to make a serious prediction.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Fact remains that many 'media' predictions are no more informed than average Joe. Not worth the time spent reading.

I predict Manchester City will land above us.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Just by playing a different way. By having someone in the same half as a lonely 50 year old striker, by not turning round and running back to the 18 yard box instead of challenging for a 50/50 ball on the half way line, by not restricting the way the wingers play, by trusting the full backs to do their job rather than having the wingers doubling up as full backs, to have more than one option when bringing the ball out of defence, by not going into a game against a top 10 side with the sole intention of keeping the score down for 75 minutes and then seeing what happens.

There may well be a reason we've seen virtually nothing from any of our signings so far. We've invested heavily (relatively) over the last two seasons, just to keep throwing money at what may not even be a problem isn't the wisest idea.

Says Paul Barber

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
In the eyes of the media we are always going to be favourites for relegation.
However I do agree with them that this season as the squad currently stands, we are relegation fodder.
It desperately needs strengthening and at the moment I cannot see where the goals are coming from for us to survive.
Hopefully my mojo will change with some quality signings.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
A team who went into complete free fall after Xmas managed by a manager with no Premier league experience and very little improvement to the squad. Very wishful thinking.

I don't believe we have enough goals in us again this season. We are basically banking on Murray on hitting double figures.again. Sorry but Andone and Locadia don't cut it for me.
Unless Potter can turn an U23 into something decent i think it's Championship football. I'm still holding out for two big signings from us.

To rely on Muz again and have Andone n Loco as backup is criminal- we need a new striker otherwise we’ll be relegation certs

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I don't think we're going to seriously flirt with relegation this season. I think we're a right back short of a full squad and I believe there is the talent in the side to be comfortably lower mid-table this season. I think we'll be 15th, which is not unreasonable.

We avoided relegation from the PL last season.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

But what if it is a problem?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Nailed on relegation unless we bring in some quality midfielders/creators and a RB in the next fortnight.

But I’d love to be proved wrong. If Potter can turn Locadia, Jahanbakhsh, Propper, Andone and some unknown youngsters into key parts of a mid-table PL team next May, he’s a truly brilliant coach and man-manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here