Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] It’s too hot to work

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No it really is. I’m decorating outside in an area that gets the sun all day. Packing up now because I can’t just put a fan on or adjust the air conditioning. .. when do others say enough is enough ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm sat in my office at home in Burgess Hill...........and yes, it is.

hot.jpg

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Im in an air conditioned office on my own, so the heat is not troubling me thankfully...but the factory has been measured at 109 this week, and the lads out there have just worked through it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
All bodes well for the Qatar World Cup :nono:

Pity the poor devils who have to build the infrastructure - many under unspeakable conditions - let alone play in it. Or even watch live.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Luckily booked this week off before knowing the forecast. Bloody glad too. Would not fancy sitting on the Victoria line tube in rush hour in this weather :eek:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Far too hot, hence I am on the beach

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
I retired six years ago, and the only thing I miss is the office air con on the concessional spells like this.

Having said that, it's only about 23c down here in Cornwall at the mo.

Spacegull

Sehr Kosmiche.
Feb 22, 2009
High Weald
Firefighter here.
I believe I have spent most of the last two days in a liquified state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It really is. Just been into town (work in North Greenwich but had a meeting near Tower Bridge) and the tubes are very hot. One of my colleagues didn't make it to teh meeting as he collapsed at Canada Water. He had to be helped out of the tube, and sat down before he came round. Off in an ambulance to hospital.

It is brutal out there, and now back in my non air-conditioned office, I'm seriously wondering how long before we just have to send people home. Not as if anyone is being productive in this weather.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I am in a beautifully air conditioned office and, for the first time in months, I would rather be here than the outside world! I am on until 5:30 today (would be 5, but I'm a lazy ******* in the morning and didn't achieve a 9am start) and then heading directly to the pub, do not pass Go.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It really is. Just been into town (work in North Greenwich but had a meeting near Tower Bridge) and the tubes are very hot. One of my colleagues didn't make it to teh meeting as he collapsed at Canada Water. He had to be helped out of the tube, and sat down before he came round. Off in an ambulance to hospital.

It is brutal out there, and now back in my non air-conditioned office, I'm seriously wondering how long before we just have to send people home. Not as if anyone is being productive in this weather.

The tube is grim anytime the temp is high 20s or above, especially the older lines. Can't imagine what it'll be like this afternoon & evening - not safe, frankly. Meanwhile in Burgess Hill the temperature has PLUMMETED to 39.1...............Brrrrrrrrr.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Should be at Ricardo Shoreham wandering around site in overalls and safety boots carrying my Ventilation Test Equipment; emailed them last night to cry off. Plenty of paperwork to do back at home plus a cold beer and listening to the Test.
Think I have made the right decision. :thumbsup:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Had a spell working in West Drayton, was just wondering how that beauty spot was fairing on a day like this.

On a par with [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] recommendation of Uxbridge, hasn't quite made the UNESCO grade of destination, only being held back by Jaywick.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here