Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Jobsworths

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I am sure there have been similar posts before, but sometimes something happens that just makes you think WTF.

I have just had a very snotty letter from my local benefits office, reminding me I should notify them as to any changes in my income, spelling out the penalties I can face for failing to do so.

They informed me that HMRC had notified them of a change in the amount I get from a small pension and that they have reassessed my housing benefit claim back to January 2018. (I hadn’t notified the council myself as it was such a small change).

The result of this extensive piece of work, delivered by second class mail is that I owe them the princely sum of 14p - to add insult to stupidity they then notified me that the amount was below their recovery threshold so no further action would be taken!

This blatant jobsworthery makes my blood boil and makes you wonder whatever happened to good old common sense! Rant over...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I am sure there have been similar posts before, but sometimes something happens that just makes you think WTF.

I have just had a very snotty letter from my local benefits office, reminding me I should notify them as to any changes in my income, spelling out the penalties I can face for failing to do so.

They informed me that HMRC had notified them of a change in the amount I get from a small pension and that they have reassessed my housing benefit claim back to January 2018. (I hadn’t notified the council myself as it was such a small change).

The result of this extensive piece of work, delivered by second class mail is that I owe them the princely sum of 14p - to add insult to stupidity they then notified me that the amount was below their recovery threshold so no further action would be taken!

This blatant jobsworthery makes my blood boil and makes you wonder whatever happened to good old common sense! Rant over...

Try going to a Job Centre ..... never seen such a bunch of jobsworth idiots. In my mind DWP stands for D1cks, w@nkers and pr1cks.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Worst jobsworth I’ve see was on a packed commuter train at East Croydon.

Very pregnant woman got into a rammed carriage. As others did she went through into 1st Class and sat down.

Thameslink ticket checker in there forced her to go back into the packed carriage - where there was physically no room. She had to stand in a half open door. Us commuters are not the most friendly at the best of times and there were some very unpleasant exchanges.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
As a tax payer I'm outraged with this willful writing off a debt. Clearly a breach of the rules by failing to notify the obvious change in circumstances, and the full weight of the law should have been used to stamp down on this fraud.

This is why my taxes are so high, with people believing that its a small amount it doesn't matter. Every penny counts.

:rant:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Try going to a Job Centre ..... never seen such a bunch of jobsworth idiots. In my mind DWP stands for D1cks, w@nkers and pr1cks.

For the first time in forty six years I had to go to the Brighton job centre. I had to pack up work due to losing my eye to cancer. Lady said 'I'm sure we will get you back to work soon'.
A few weeks later I had a seizure due to a tumour on my brain. Luckily we no longer have to get past the security guards anymore!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
For the first time in forty six years I had to go to the Brighton job centre. I had to pack up work due to losing my eye to cancer. Lady said 'I'm sure we will get you back to work soon'.
A few weeks later I had a seizure due to a tumour on my brain. Luckily we no longer have to get past the security guards anymore!

I knew you’d packed up work, and I half-remembered seeing something relating to your health on here, but I didn’t know the full extent. What a horrible set of illnesses. Get well soon, and best wishes for the future.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Worst jobsworth I’ve see was on a packed commuter train at East Croydon.

Very pregnant woman got into a rammed carriage. As others did she went through into 1st Class and sat down.

Thameslink ticket checker in there forced her to go back into the packed carriage - where there was physically no room. She had to stand in a half open door. Us commuters are not the most friendly at the best of times and there were some very unpleasant exchanges.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did nobody offer her a seat then

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Do you want your COAT back ???

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Did nobody offer her a seat then

That was my first thought too.

However...when I’m in London (a lot), and particularly when I’m with my partner, who hates the tube, I travel by bus. I was taught by my Nana (RIP) to offer my seat for any woman, any disabled person, or anyone over the age of about 60. I was up and down like a yo-yo. Anyway...the last three times I’ve offered my seat to someone, I’ve had abuse - including from one heavily pregnant woman with a toddler in tow. It’s enough to make one reassess one’s actions.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Wow - what to say other than hope you're feeling ok .... get well soon seems a tad pointless ! As for the security guards .... yep, bunch of ********s .... I once had the cheek to turn up a whole 10 minutes early for an appointment - you'd have thought I was a terrorist the way they treated me !

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

I know we disagree on everything but very sorry to hear this and hope you get well soon

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I was in Germany the other week. After a hot day's museum-ing I was gagging for a lager. Hotel bar could offer me a small Pilsner in a small Pilsner glass or a large Weissbier in a large Weissbier glass. Could I have two small Pilsners in a large Weissbier glass? 'No, not possible'. Sake!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That was my first thought too.

However...when I’m in London (a lot), and particularly when I’m with my partner, who hates the tube, I travel by bus. I was taught by my Nana (RIP) to offer my seat for any woman, any disabled person, or anyone over the age of about 60. I was up and down like a yo-yo. Anyway...the last three times I’ve offered my seat to someone, I’ve had abuse - including from one heavily pregnant woman with a toddler in tow. It’s enough to make one reassess one’s actions.

A few idiots are making this less of a thing....last time I offered (to a lady probably in her mid 60s I guess who looked like she was flagging a bit) she snapped back 'Why do you think I need a seat any more than you do ?' :shrug::shrug:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
A few idiots are making this less of a thing....last time I offered (to a lady probably in her mid 60s I guess who looked like she was flagging a bit) she snapped back 'Why do you think I need a seat any more than you do ?' :shrug::shrug:

I've had much the same, on numerous occasions. I now don't offer my seat to anyone.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I know we disagree on everything but very sorry to hear this and hope you get well soon

I happen to agree with your posts more than you think. We got off on the wrong foot and like most things it escalated. I'm currently lying on my bed with a fan on full after having another MRI scan yesterday.
Plumbing was a lot easier!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Had to take my mum there several times, even though she gave up work 4 years ago through ill health. As soon as my dad got cancer they forced her back to work! Luckily I employed her as my book keeper so she could still take my dad to appointments but was amazed theres more security walking around than staff members!

Edit just seen dads post!
Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Girlfriends dad died of a heart attack this time last year, shes spent hours on the phone letting people know, hes still getting letters to this day.. disgusting

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here