Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Has anyone done something really stupid in the last 3 years and prepared to admit it?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
A little longer ago than 3 years, but, I did vote ‘Yes’ once in a referendum.

Proportional representation was never going to win though.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I was doorstepped by a double glazing salesman and stupidly said that I might be in the market for new windows in a year or so, and, gave them my mobile number.... doh !

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
once invited a double glazing salesman to my home to measure and quote for a conservatory. He was a little confused when he arrived as i lived in a 4th floor flat. Stupid for sure

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I've done so many really stupid things in my life I haven't got the time to tell.. but in the last 20 years I've been pretty sensible..

I'd say the most stupid thing I've done in the last 3 years is work too long and hard and not spent enough time with my wife and children. A trap we can all fall into when we want the best for them, but it's the time spent together they remember... :(

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I tried to break wind on Saturday knowing full well I had a severe stomach bug.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
once invited a double glazing salesman to my home to measure and quote for a conservatory. He was a little confused when he arrived as i lived in a 4th floor flat. Stupid for sure

Ah yes, the old duping the phone salesperson. I did this back in the 90s. He said I'd won a competition and he wanted to deliver the prize personally. Was coming from somewhere west like Southampton or Fareham, that way. I was living in Rustington. Gave him an address for Angmering but a house number that didn't exist. He called me to say he was in the road but couldn't find it. I told him it didn't exist, that he'd lied about the competition and that he should think about his direction in chosen profession. We left it there.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Has anyone done something really stupid in the last 3 years and prepared to admit it?

Engaged in conversation with a nauseating repetitive broken record bore on the brexit thread......its like flipping a switch that not only never turns off but also increases the intensity of your mistake

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Has anyone done something really stupid in the last 3 years and prepared to admit it?

Not sure it was actually in the last three years, so might not technically apply to the thread......but at some point i must have ticked "all" to email communications which unfortunately also includes womens bollocks.

ps. i unsubscribed to womens bollocks a while back but still get women bollocks in my inbox, the filter is clearly a load of tits.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Went to a pub on the canal for a few after works drinks, rode there on my Brompton along the canal path. Later, in the dark and a bit pissed I cycled back to the station. Having a great time hurtling along but must have hit a tree root and went flying. Completely submerged, with bike, computer, phone, hard drive etc. Still had a train journey to get home, stinking, dripping, mud all over me from the scramble out and canal weed hanging off me.

Think that's the most stupid thing but there have been others

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I read the Potter “interview” in the “Sun” All of it, including plucky Ostersunds (not to be confused with Bournemouth).

I wet myself.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Engaged in conversation with a nauseating repetitive broken record bore on the brexit thread......its like flipping a switch that not only never turns off but also increases the intensity of your mistake

Mentioning BREXIT. You can’t help yourself can you?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here