Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] Pen pushers

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I feel we're at a time where some people that work in offices really don't care about their customers/clients.
In the past year me and my family have had to deal with many companies/council's/courts/providers over sensitive subjects. However all seem to be totally inept at their jobs, seemingly obvious/easy things to sort have taken months / over a year. Shame

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I feel we're at a time where some people that work in offices really don't care about their customers/clients.
In the past year me and my family have had to deal with many companies/council's/courts/providers over sensitive subjects. However all seem to be totally inept at their jobs, seemingly obvious/easy things to sort have taken months / over a year. Shame

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk
Unfortunately common sense does not exist anymore for many companies.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Penpushers ? The decorator we booked in weeks ago to do some work is now 3 weeks late.........had a text each week saying sorry, might be next week........

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Penpushers ? The decorator we booked in weeks ago to do some work is now 3 weeks late.........had a text each week saying sorry, might be next week........

Similar story here. Waiting to get some new flooring fitted. Fitter calls on the morning he’s due to arrive and says he can’t make it and will come Wednesday. Wednesday was a no-show. Now we’re saying Friday...

Maybe, just maybe it’s not limited to office workers, but all manner of people could be inept, regardless of profession!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Here’s a brush - please tar the whole world of administration with it.

If you work in the modern day office environment with your time to deal with a customer being squeezed, no pay rises for several years and the threat of losing your job high on your daily agenda, you might understand what the person on the end of the phone is dealing with on a daily basis.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Similar story here. Waiting to get some new flooring fitted. Fitter calls on the morning he’s due to arrive and says he can’t make it and will come Wednesday. Wednesday was a no-show. Now we’re saying Friday...

Maybe, just maybe it’s not limited to office workers, but all manner of people could be inept, regardless of profession!

Where did the flooring come from. Supplying yourself?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
How's this...

Booked a collection on a customers account for 6 large parcels with a combined weight of 100kg, going to Thailand.

FedEx guy turns up and says "Which service, mate?"

I say "whichever the customer, and account holder, has ordered? He has ordered the collection, so he will have said... surely"

"He diddunt say... Yer need to say. Tick a box..."

"Okay. I'll tick Express then as he's keen to get the goods?"

"Yerrrr... whatevvah...."

So, the customer then tells me he should have told me, but forgot. He wants Economy. He apologised and asked me to call FedEx.

I call FedEx with the Tracking Number. "Hi, you've literally just collected six parcels from me - can I change the service from Express to Economy please?"

"Oh, no Sir... we can't do that.."

"But, it was a little tick in a box. The packages are still on the collection van on the way to you, in Kent - and the depot is about 60 miles away, so they won't be with you for hours yet. Can't you just change it?"

"Oh, no Sir"

"So what are my options?"

"The parcels will get to the Depot in Kent, then we will have to return them to you in East Sussex - and make a charge.."

"So... having a driver in a 7.5t truck travelling across two counties is far more carbon neutral, and cost effective, than ticking a different box on a piece of paper?"

"We cannot help further, Sir..."

FFS

:wrong:

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
Here’s a brush - please tar the whole world of administration with it.

If you work in the modern day office environment with your time to deal with a customer being squeezed, no pay rises for several years and the threat of losing your job high on your daily agenda, you might understand what the person on the end of the phone is dealing with on a daily basis.

Not really the point is it. I'm not interested and completely unaware if they've had a pay rise or are about to lose their job, I just want them to do the job they are currently doing in a competent manner.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
He’s just on a job that’s paying more, I’ve been guilty of that before make hay when the sun shines.

Should be illegal. The person expecting the job to be done may have taken time off work to be there, may have an event coming up that the home improvements are being done for, may be selling the property etc etc. Perhaps ‘tradies’ should have to offer written estimated start dates which also offer compensation for unreasonable delays. Utter rudeness just to leave people hanging.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
What amazes me about my company's Head Office is when I get a letter from them addressed to me in what looks like the handwriting of the Reception Class taught by my daughter! It's a miracle that anyone at the Post Office can decipher it. Inside the envelope the same person goes on to say that she can "site you several examples" instead of "cite"! If this is the state of internal communications, what on Earth do our clients/customers experience when contacting us?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
"we can't do that sir, it's company policy"

Sick of hearing this bullshit from companies. Can't really blame the individuals when their hands are tied so tight with company policies making it impossible for any kind of flexibility.

Then you talk to a supervisor who isn't so restricted by company policy.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here