Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Hot Weather

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Fed up with the sun now, really need the rain; Luton's a shithole and dump most of the time, but with the sun out this means the piling rubbish is now rotting and stinking; the drunks and addicts are all out enjoying their binge in the town centre, stinking it out some more.

What a shit hole.

And the smell of stale curry? Enough to put me off it when the leftovers are thrown out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
British media go batshit mental over 3 days of hotter-than-normal weather ... Every bloody year:shrug:

Lol. The pant-pissing over a bit of warm weather does amuse me.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
similiar experience

drove across the Nevada desert,stopped en route to change drivers

the heat was something else outside the car

I remember thinking,if we breakdown were dead
Death valley, 51°. I was so worried about breaking down and dying, I bought a cool box, filled it with ice and loads of bottles of water and put it on the back seat. Bloody thing leaked but soon dried out![emoji3]

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Mid 40's in Turkey a few years back. Was nice, I like it warm (to the extent that I am trying to persuade Mrs H that we should move to southern Spain)

D

Deleted member 22389

Literally about the only good thing about this dump of a place. I'm hopefully moving to Hitchin at the end of August. Let's just say, I cannot wait the day, it'll be our home. If you get what I mean.

Hitchin is a nice place, a million miles away from Luton. I get what your saying. I used to live in St Peters Road quite near the stadium.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The best thing to combat this weather is to drink plenty of isotonic fluids like Lucozade.

"After 90 minutes of sheer hell, you're going to get thirsty..."

Having lived out here in the UAE for 15 years, your body does get acclimatized to the heat.

I was here in July 2013 when the temperature hit 51.2C (124F).

It was officially 51C last year, so don't believe the hype about the temperature never going over 50C.

https://whatson.ae/dubai/2019/06/so-what-is-the-hottest-temperature-ever-recorded-in-the-uae/

It's not so much the dry oven-like heat, but more the 90% humidity that saps you.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Having lived out here in the UAE for 15 years, your body does get acclimatized to the heat.

I was here in July 2013 when the temperature hit 51.2C (124F).

It was officially 51C last year, so don't believe the hype about the temperature never going over 50C.

https://whatson.ae/dubai/2019/06/so-what-is-the-hottest-temperature-ever-recorded-in-the-uae/

It's not so much the dry oven-like heat, but more the 90% humidity that saps you.

I spent a week in Dubai in July 2016. The temperature was top forties all week, way too hot to do much.

Here we regularly get days over 40° in the summer but it’s the fluctuation I find funny. For example one weekend last year

86060F5B-A2F5-473F-9724-9B6DE5853F7B.jpeg

But at 16° I’ve got the heating on at the moment:lol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Fed up with the sun now, really need the rain; Luton's a shithole and dump most of the time, but with the sun out this means the piling rubbish is now rotting and stinking; the drunks and addicts are all out enjoying their binge in the town centre, stinking it out some more.

What a shit hole.

Used to go to Luton occasionally as it had a brilliant fishing tackle shop............otherwise, it’s exactly as you describe, all year round.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Hottest day I've experienced in 17 years out in Arizona is 119F (which is 48.3C).

Easily beats NYC - we got up to 105 last weekend, but guessing our humidity was higher. Worked in Chandler for a while and remember they had lots of water misters outside which really cooled you down when you walked underneath them

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
2 years in Riyadh and never over 46 degrees.
600 metres above sea level and very low humidity. Pleasant once used to it and helped by having 10 weeks paid holiday back home in the summer.

......and A/C of course.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
2 years in Riyadh and never over 46 degrees.
600 metres above sea level and very low humidity. Pleasant once used to it and helped by having 10 weeks paid holiday back home in the summer.

......and A/C of course.

Last time I went to Riyadh it was RAINING when we landed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here