Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Hot Weather

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
42 in southern Spain. Too hot to do much, can understand in those moments why siestas exist.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Right here in my home town we broke the all-time Dutch national temperature record (from 1944) yesterday - 39.3°C. By all accounts that record's only going to last 24 hours and we could top 40°C for the first time this afternoon.

Hottest in my life though? Probably pushing 50°C, twice. Once in the Thar Desert in India, once in the Great Sandy Desert, Western Australia. The latter case was the only time I've experienced the wind being so hot that the slightest breeze made your cheeks glow like they do when standing close to a bonfire.

anygivensunday

Jul 5, 2012
Singapore
Either Cairo, Egypt or stopping at a gas station in the middle of Nevada on a LA to Vegas drive. Both must have been pushing 50 and drinking water did nothing.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Got the train back from Wembley after seeing guns and Rose's and the stone Rose's one weekend, people were crammed in, an old man passed out on me, everyone was dripping with sweat.
Got off at Gatwick and sat in first class on a Gatwick Express for the rest of the journey ready to give any ticket man hell if he questioned me

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You can never trust those things in my experience. I've seen boards in Seville saying it was 50+, which is clearly nonsense.

They're probably recording the correct temps but are in / have been in the sun instead of shade?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
They're probably recording the correct temps but are in / have been in the sun instead of shade?

That's it- they're lumps of metal sitting in the sun. Although they indicate the heat capacity of sun-baked steel, they don't tell you much about the air temp.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
British media go batshit mental over 3 days of hotter-than-normal weather ... Every bloody year:shrug:

I know - it’s ridiculous.

Working in New York, this sort of thing is perfectly normal. Humidity worse too.

We get all this rubbish like “London hotter than Cairo!” Yeah - for about 2 days a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
British media go batshit mental over 3 days of hotter-than-normal weather ... Every bloody year:shrug:

Absolutely.
The British media and public constantly banging on about the weather is embarrassing.
Don't even get me started on ' micro climates'
It's just a few days of nice summer weather in July FFS.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Fed up with the sun now, really need the rain; Luton's a shithole and dump most of the time, but with the sun out this means the piling rubbish is now rotting and stinking; the drunks and addicts are all out enjoying their binge in the town centre, stinking it out some more.

What a shit hole.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The best thing to combat this weather is to drink plenty of isotonic fluids like Lucozade.

Does anyone else get a rash in this heatwave? Cold baths and rubbing the affected area on the inner leg is the best solution I find.

D

Deleted member 22389

Fed up with the sun now, really need the rain; Luton's a shithole and dump most of the time, but with the sun out this means the piling rubbish is now rotting and stinking; the drunks and addicts are all out enjoying their binge in the town centre, stinking it out some more.

What a shit hole.

One thing I liked about Luton, 35 min train to London.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here