Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Sunny Beach - Bulgaria

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
The good lady wife and I are looking to book a late Summer holiday in mid September. We've ummed and ahhed over our usual destinations ( Spain, Canaries, Malta) but we're looking for somewhere we haven't been before. A customer mentioned Sunny Beach and to be honest I had never heard of it before. Doing a little research it has now peaked my interest and we are considering booking. Before we do though I thought I'd check with the great unwashed ( :lolol:) of NSC to see if they have any feedback or experiences of visiting this part of Bulgaria. Cheers.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Never been, but friends say its dirt cheap but run by and frequented mainly by Russians .

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Sunny Beach, to me, is like a run-down Blackpool. Do yourself a favour and go to the much nice Duni ( Note: you won't get from Sunny Beach to Duni as the latter doesn't allow daytrippers) Duni is far, far superior.

Cheers. Will now go and have a butchers at Duni. Appreciate the feedback.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Save your cash and just go to the free sunny beach in Shoreham tomorrow

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Corfu in September, brilliant, 3 hr flight, great beaches, and cheap to eat out and drink

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We went to Sunny Beach a few years ago and as has been said very cheap, less than £1 pint then but also very much like Blackpool in the sun.

There are reasonable bars in Alvor, Portugal selling beer at 90c a pint if that’s your thing...........(goodness knows how they stay in business). Lovely small town too with a great choice of hotels, bars and restaurants and a huge sandy beach, all about an hour from Faro.

Don’t know Bulgaria at all but anywhere with a large % of Russian tourists won’t be pleasant in my experience. Worse than the loutish Brits by some distance.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That's where I'm going, stripping off too to work on my ALL over TAN

Suggest you head over to the marina for that as Shoreham is a tad conservative

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Went in my early twenties. It was cheap as chips and full of Scandos, great at that age but don't think I'd be keen now. There wasn't much to do if I remember correctly but that could of changed, I'm talking 12 odd years ago.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
There are reasonable bars in Alvor, Portugal selling beer at 90c a pint if that’s your thing...........(goodness knows how they stay in business). Lovely small town too with a great choice of hotels, bars and restaurants and a huge sandy beach, all about an hour from Faro.

Don’t know Bulgaria at all but anywhere with a large % of Russian tourists won’t be pleasant in my experience. Worse than the loutish Brits by some distance.

I agree, Alvor is great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here