Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Any Labour Party members on here who are prepared to admit to it?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 2719

After being so inspired by HT thread I needed to address a balance to this board thought it would be good just good to know.

Whether anyone on here will openly admit to being a labour party member???

and for how many years?

and what made you do it?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'm not a Labour member but clearly it's not as socially awkward to admit to being one as it is to being a Tory (as they are evil).

This is evidenced by there being many times more Labour members as Tory ones, and nearly as many SNP and Greens

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Labour Party member

Since 2016 (post referendum)

What made me do it - seeing millions ploughed into the Conservatives by wealthy donors with the sole purpose of self interest, I felt I could afford a contribution to the opposition.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Joined when Mr Tony abolished clause 4. Resigned when Mr Tony decided to state fund religious schools. Didn't rejoin when Gordon the Unfit became leader. Didn't rejoin when the wrong milliband became leader. Refused to consider rejoining when the parliamentary party gifted Corbyn the leadership by failing to understand how party leadership elections work in their own party. Campbell, Mandelson and Blair were a formidable team. Undone by a petulant stubborn jock with absolutely no introspection. The rest was history repeating itself.

Personally I'd need to be massively galvanized to join any party just to lend support. That means a leader like Tony Blair. Or Kier Starmer (if he could somehow find a way to depose the old communist). I wouldn't join in order to be an influencer because my experience at work and with my union is that a certain type tends to take over - they know all the rules and procedures, but have no vision, and very little common sense. And, frankly, I'm not a team player.

Ironically, Boris has all the skills that would attract me to a party, and it would be a great party indeed with him at the helm. But....I mean a dinner party.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I'm not a Labour member but clearly it's not as socially awkward to admit to being one as it is to being a Tory (as they are evil).

This is evidenced by there being many times more Labour members as Tory ones, and nearly as many SNP and Greens

Come on, grow up and post something mature. Are you referring to the 160,000 members or the usual amount of 15 million voters who are all evil? What evidence is that exactly? A few years ago, hundreds of thousands joined the Labour party because of Corbyn -the same hundreds of thousands who had not hitherto - and so you assume that because there are more Corbynistas at present than Conservative party members, that makes them superior. Are you very young?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Come on, grow up and post something mature. Are you referring to the 160,000 members or the usual amount of 15 million voters who are all evil? What evidence is that exactly? A few years ago, hundreds of thousands joined the Labour party because of Corbyn -the same hundreds of thousands who had not hitherto - and so you assume that because there are more Corbynistas at present than Conservative party members, that makes them superior. Are you very young?

43 :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here