Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Official Loanee Tracker Thread

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Ostigard scored and Gyokeres got an assist for St Pauli today. Hopefully we will see both of them starring in the Championship next season.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Ostigard scored and Gyokeres got an assist for St Pauli today. Hopefully we will see both of them starring in the Championship next season.

An 8 goal game and they lose 5-3.

Yes really liked Ostigard, and Gyorkeres was on the fringes here already. One of the interesting possible short off season will be who Potter wants to use, send out on loan again for more game time and who gets sold. We have real talent on our books and sadly not all of them will get to play first team football will us.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR

Several weeks ago, Gyokeres agent was quoted in the German football press as claiming some Bundesliga clubs were interested in him. Whether true or his agent simply trying to raise his profile, who knows. Of the two, Ostigard has been the most prominent with his performances, being a first choice starter for most of the season. A St Pauli supporting friend when I asked the question of him earlier in the season, was really impressed with him. He didn't think he would sign permanently as "he looks far too good for us."

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Yes really liked Ostigard, and Gyorkeres was on the fringes here already. One of the interesting possible short off season will be who Potter wants to use, send out on loan again for more game time and who gets sold. We have real talent on our books and sadly not all of them will get to play first team football will us.

Yes, as well as Ostigard we've got Ben White - and on top of that we've got yet another CB out on loan who could quite conceivably be promoted to the PL through the play-offs this summer.
We certainly won't see them all in the stripes.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

Ostigard is really promising. As already said, we have loads of good CB in the pipline. I am hoping we can give him a new long term contract then loan him to a Championship team for a couple of seasons then bring him through when we sell one of the CBs.

Gyorkeres I would like to see in the Championship to see how he does. If he does decent in the Championship then we can sell him for a decent amount, if he shows hes too good then we can bring him into our team.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Agreed. And we have real competition at centre back especially, with Clarke, White and Ostigard all due back. And Roberts also looking promising. Funny how we've always had lots of quality options at centre back.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Gyokeres too. I thought he did okay when he played in the cup for 20 minutes last season (think it was West Brom home).

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Agreed. And we have real competition at centre back especially, with Clarke, White and Ostigard all due back. And Roberts also looking promising. Funny how we've always had lots of quality options at centre back.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Gyokeres too. I thought he did okay when he played in the cup for 20 minutes last season (think it was West Brom home).

We also have the very impressive Warren O'Hora in our ranks as well, signed up till June 2021.

Attachments

• Warren .png
    Warren .png
    589.5 KB · Views: 48

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here