Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Official Loanee Tracker Thread

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Christ if Ben white does not make it into our first team next season we might as well close the academy down

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Loanee roundup.

Clarke - Played all 90 against Cardiff yesterday
Kayal - 15 mins as a substitute vs Birmingham
Knockaert - Played 90 mins and scored vs WBA
Mlakar - Half an hour as a substitute vs Luton
Molumby - Played all 90 vs Blackburn
Walton - Played 90 and clean sheet vs Millwall
Sanders - 20 mins as a substitute vs Shrewsbury
Sanchez - Played 90 but let in 6(!) in a hammering vs Peterborough, including it seems, a couple of howlers
Tilley - Started and played 60 mins vs Fylde

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Loanee roundup.

Clarke - Played all 90 against Cardiff yesterday
Kayal - 15 mins as a substitute vs Birmingham
Knockaert - Played 90 mins and scored vs WBA
Mlakar - Half an hour as a substitute vs Luton
Molumby - Played all 90 vs Blackburn
Walton - Played 90 and clean sheet vs Millwall
Sanders - 20 mins as a substitute vs Shrewsbury
Sanchez - Played 90 but let in 6(!) in a hammering vs Peterborough, including it seems, a couple of howlers
Tilley - Started and played 60 mins vs Fylde

Starting to get a little worried about Sanchez. Clearly he is a very talented young GK ...... but - he started like a house on fire at Forest Green last season, but within a few weeks the fans, who'd been delighted with him at first, were calling for him to be dropped. I wonder if the same thing is happening again, or was this a one-off (he has, I believe, done pretty well up until yesterday).

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Starting to get a little worried about Sanchez. Clearly he is a very talented young GK ...... but - he started like a house on fire at Forest Green last season, but within a few weeks the fans, who'd been delighted with him at first, were calling for him to be dropped. I wonder if the same thing is happening again, or was this a one-off (he has, I believe, done pretty well up until yesterday).

I wonder if it’s the case that he has a lot of talent but is prone to catastrophic lapses in concentration that result in him giving up penalties and howlers.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I wonder if it’s the case that he has a lot of talent but is prone to catastrophic lapses in concentration that result in him giving up penalties and howlers.
The impression I got from the reactions at Forest Green was that he sometimes thought he could get to something he really couldn't - possibly over-confident? No idea if his is actually the case - it would seem to fit the pattern though (again, assuming that yesterday wasn't a one-off lapse).

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Sounds like Ben White had another great game for Leeds yesterday! A bit worried reading one particular tweet though, some bloke said "If it's true we can get him for £10m we should bite their hand off!" or something like that. I really there isn't a price on his head, I want to see him play for us as he appears to be the real deal.
Do a search on twitter for "Ben White #lufc" and have a read of fans views and various articles about him.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Sounds like Ben White had another great game for Leeds yesterday! A bit worried reading one particular tweet though, some bloke said "If it's true we can get him for £10m we should bite their hand off!" or something like that. I really there isn't a price on his head, I want to see him play for us as he appears to be the real deal.
Do a search on twitter for "Ben White #lufc" and have a read of fans views and various articles about him.

One of the reasons that the deal took so long to complete was Leeds wanted an option to buy which we refused. If we decided to sell it will be entirely on our terms.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Tareq Shihab made his debut for Tamworth in the Southern League Cup last Tuesday, playing the whole match in a 3-0 victory. He was an unused sub in the Southern League fixture on Saturday. There is another (former) Albion connection at Tamworth as Henri Wilder signed for them in early August. Wilder, from Eastbourne, spent a number of years in the Albion youth system before being released during his U-16 schoolboy season. He earned a scholarship at Mansfield Town and signed a one-year pro deal last summer. Spent some time on loan at Lewes last season before being released by the Stags at the end of last season.

Thanks, I was completely unaware of Wilder.

Screenshot_20190917-010320.png

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2019/january/darren-freeman-on-henri-wilder/

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
One of the reasons that the deal took so long to complete was Leeds wanted an option to buy which we refused. If we decided to sell it will be entirely on our terms.

Given what we paid for Webster, a full season of his current form will put his value well above 10m.........

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Clarke's keeps his place at Derby for today's game (he was dropped for a few games earlier) against The Champions of Europe. Head to head with Ben White today.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Molumbey gets a start for 'Wall (against QPR, for whom Mlaker is on the bench). Hemed and Knocky both getting starts in The Championship, as is Walton.

The Brighton derby at Elland Road finished White 1 Clarke 1.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Seems that Clarke wasn’t all that great again judging by comments in the other thread. Not to worry, we still have White, Ostigard and Roberts in particular looking very promising in the CB department. A veritable conveyor belt.

Sánchez retains his place despite the 6-0 loss last week for Rochdale. Sanders on the bench again for Wimbledon.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Molumbey gets a start for 'Wall (against QPR, for whom Mlaker is on the bench). Hemed and Knocky both getting starts in The Championship, as is Walton.

The Brighton derby at Elland Road finished White 1 Clarke 1.

I was there and Molumbey had a very solid game today, he didn't really put a foot wrong. Strong on the ball and looks like he could be a leader in the making. I was quite impressed.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I was there and Molumbey had a very solid game today, he didn't really put a foot wrong. Strong on the ball and looks like he could be a leader in the making. I was quite impressed.

Alzate, Molumbey and Sanders in midfield - could be seriously good next season or the one after! With quite a few others in the mix too - happy days, eh?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here