Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Official Loanee Tracker Thread

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Seeing as we seem to be doing the proverbial Chelsea and sending hundreds of our promising youngsters out on loan, why not have one centralised thread to track their progress as opposed to 20 different ones to bounce sporadically?

So far confirmed season long loans out are:

Alexis Mac Allister (CAM) to Boca Juniors (Argentine Primera Division)
Ben White (CB) to Leeds United (Championship)
Leo Østigård (CB) to FC St Pauli (2. Bundesliga)
Christian Walton (GK) to Blackburn Rovers (Championship)
Jayson Molumby (CM) to Millwall (Championship)
Robert Sánchez (GK) to Rochdale (League One)

Other rumoured loans out include Percy Tau (though not U23) being repeatedly linked to Club Brugge, who are playing in the Champions League this season (which should in theory help him score exception points for a work permit application). Today also our Slovenian striker Jan Mlakar has been linked with a loan move to QPR - https://talksport.com/football/efl/...hampionship-side-close-loan-brighton-striker/

And not to mention a number of other young players on our books who may be being touted for loan moves if Potter doesnt think they are ready yet to play in the PL - the likes of George Cox, Steven Alzate, Aaron Connolly, Max Sanders and Viktor Gyökeres.

As much as people like to moan about the "black hole" of the development squad where players are signed never to be seen again, I think the progress that has been made with the U23s in the last few years is quite self evident and very exciting to see. Hopefully we can report on a number of these players' successes over the coming season!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It was always going to take a few years to really get moving, and now it massively is. We've never loaned out this many players to such a high level, loaning players to the Championship and clubs like Leeds and Blackburn who have ambitions of getting into the play-offs. If the worst happens this season, at least we're going to have players in our squad with very recent Championship experience without having to spend silly money on players. :thumbsup:

Aaron Connolly might be the next to get a Championship loan move, I liked what we saw against Crawley, albeit without getting too much into the game. He's got good instincts, makes good runs and we can see from the goal videos of his finishing prowess.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
This is all really promising for the future. If we can do enough to stay in the PL this season then the future is very bright and we will be well on the road to becoming the sort of club TB (and probably most of us want). Gamble now is to get a decent enough squad to keep us up without paying over the odds.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Østigård = #TopEffort. :bowdown:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Add Mlakar to the list - QPR season loan.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I take it whoever was duller than me, a couple of seasons ago, banging on about the yoof not producing any talent, despite EVERYBODY saying 'it's too soon', has gone a little quiet?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Plenty to keep an eye on in the Championship this season.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Right you are. Editing now.

Confirmed here: https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2019/july/striker-heads-to-qpr/

A fourth Brighton youngster on loan in the Championship!

... or not editing, can you not edit the original thread, only a post?

So far confirmed season long loans out are:

Alexis Mac Allister (CAM) to Boca Juniors (Argentine Primera Division)
Ben White (CB) to Leeds United (Championship)
Leo Østigård (CB) to FC St Pauli (2. Bundesliga)
Christian Walton (GK) to Blackburn Rovers (Championship)
Jayson Molumby (CM) to Millwall (Championship)
Robert Sánchez (GK) to Rochdale (League One)
Jan Mlakar (ST) to QPR (Championship)

:thumbsup:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Seeing as we seem to be doing the proverbial Chelsea and sending hundreds of our promising youngsters out on loan, why not have one centralised thread to track their progress as opposed to 20 different ones to bounce sporadically?
Good luck with this - it's an excellent idea. I tried something similar (for our 'old boys' rather than loanees) a couple of years back, but it bombed - I bounced it for a few Saturdays with updates on who played or scored, but it was just me so I gave it up as a bad job.

Hope this one's a lot more successful. :thumbsup:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Thought Mlakar might have a chance of breaking through.... hmmm Gyokeres or Connolly then....

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
With Ashworth and Potter now working together the U23s will have a much better chance of big time success. The academy is putting in plans for the youth coaching to reflect the first team coaching and they'll be using the same criteria to rate players and work on their progress. This is from U9s all the way up. I'm ITK on this but can't reveal how! 7 years ago there were zero international appearances for academy players and last season there were 97. The academy is growing and going from strength to strength.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Good luck with this - it's an excellent idea. I tried something similar (for our 'old boys' rather than loanees) a couple of years back, but it bombed - I bounced it for a few Saturdays with updates on who played or scored, but it was just me so I gave it up as a bad job.

Hope this one's a lot more successful. :thumbsup:

I think it will be. I wish all (well most of them) of our ex players the best, but it’s quite hard to get excited about a player that’s been sold or released doing well when you know that they’re unlikely to ever return. Young players under BHA contract making an impact in the Championship IS however exciting for the seasons to come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here