Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Too Hot For Trains Tomorrow.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Don't worry the reason for the delays and cancellations will change tomorrow when the thunderstorms strike, then it will be the rain is too heavy, yet again completely overlooking its nothing out of the ordinary

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hot weather working it's been happening for years.

Just like cold weather working, windy working, leaves falling from trees in autumn working, foggy working, rainy working and sniffles season?

Still at least May’s a good time to travel. Unless there’s a new timetable to **** up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Genuinely trying to work out whether this will actually be an issue tomorrow or if the announcement is just OTT. I don't mind slight delays but **** sitting on a train for 2 hours.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Just like cold weather working, windy working, leaves falling from trees in autumn working, foggy working, rainy working and sniffles season?

Still at least May’s a good time to travel. Unless there’s a new timetable to **** up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the problems you get with running a railway, In extreme hot weather metal tends to expand, in cold weather it retracts and exposed area's where you have junctions the points tend to suffer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
:lolol:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
For once it’s justified. Thermal expansion properties of rails could be better designed I guess but not much else they can do.

Wonder what temps rails officially buckle at?

theboybilly

So in India, for example, they have these problems all Summer long?

Have you seen the state of some of the track in India? The H&E Executive would have a field day. In the UK they have to deal with high temperatures (these are exceptional) to figures well below freezing. I think they do a pretty good job. Getting the heating and air-conditioning right is quite another thing (and down to each individual company)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Since the London Bridge development was completed the service has been very good to be fair. Far more trains, much more reliable. I’d rather they were cautious about exceptional conditions tomorrow than blindly ignoring the obvious issues the heat will cause and then trying to deal with carnage.

I’m going to work from home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here