Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Boris Johnson, the new UK Prime Minister

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Yes, so I think Brexit isn’t the end goal for Rees Mogg, Baker, Francois and the other collection of recently elevated public school loons.

The end goal is colossal deregulation. shrinkage of the state, environmental protections, workers rights etc. Thatcherism plus

IMHO, blue-shifted, you are looking way too far ahead.
Before anything like the above happens, BJ has to deliver Brexit and if he doesn't, I dare say he won't be PM for much longer. The fate of your so called elevated public school loons may well then be up in the air and perhaps the loons who didn't go to public school may get a go.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
hasnt Corbyn already called for vote but not yet? it would be the wrong time to call no-confidence, when nothing has been done and the party and NI allies can come in behind Johnson. if they have sense they wait until there has been some backbench rebellion and clear a group will at least abstain.

Yes, I believe he said he would consider calling one. My thoughts are, as Corbyn hasn’t, the Lib Dems are trying to score some political points at the expense of Labour. You are right of course and calling one now would only strengthen Johnson’s position IMO.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Yes, so I think Brexit isn’t the end goal for Rees Mogg, Baker, Francois and the other collection of recently elevated public school loons.

The end goal is colossal deregulation. shrinkage of the state, environmental protections, workers rights etc. Thatcherism plus

This with what seems like with the added bonus of losing Scotland. Lets face it without Scotland a Tory government looks likely for the medium term.

If the UK goes, can see for what its worth the end of the Commonwealth as well. As also some countries becoming Republics, like Australia and New Zealand...

Still for an Little Englander Brexit lead by pound shop crypto fascists it will all be worth it

Last edited:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
This is one of the most terrible commons performances I can remember. Both Govt and Opposition utterly embarrassing themselves.

It's carnage. I would even consider taking Theresa May back over this.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
hasnt Corbyn already called for vote but not yet? it would be the wrong time to call no-confidence, when nothing has been done and the party and NI allies can come in behind Johnson. if they have sense they wait until there has been some backbench rebellion and clear a group will at least abstain.

It cannot be voted on until September 3rd, but today is the right time, or else put it back in the queue behind everything else. It is now in motion and throws down the gauntlet to Corbyn and co.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I would love to discuss this with you guys, but it is just going to go in circles and we are all going to get hot under the collar.
I am just trying to relay that a 2nd referendum will ignite this country that will never ever be repaired.
Put up with the result let Boris have ago, yes he has some nasty MPs in parliment hell bent on stopping Brexit and they are stoking up a potential explosion, your chukas, Lucas and Swinson's are lighting the touch paper they are modern day Guy Fawkes and people need to stop supporting these leftie loonies or fireworks night could be the biggest and long term fireworks night ever.

#backinganyoneapartfrom2ndreferendum

I get what you are saying, which is why I am deeply worried about the future - particularly in the short-term - whatever happens.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
BoJo certainly looks energised, practically going The Full Fawlty on the front bench :lolol:

585e95a5cb11b227491c34df.pngimage.png

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I am in the minority here, but I think Boris played that very well. He roused the tories, they need to be united and if he carries on like this, who knows, maybe he'll carry a few more along with him who otherwise would have opposed leaving. Corbyn on the other hand, was bland and unappealing.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
This thread is a most enjoyable read.

Thanks Titanic for the thumbs. It is lovely to read a remainer meltdown thread isn't it?

nothing to do with being a "remainer"

it's about the state of our country for crying out loud

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
I am in the minority here, but I think Boris played that very well. He roused the tories, they need to be united and if he carries on like this, who knows, maybe he'll carry a few more along with him who otherwise would have opposed leaving. Corbyn on the other hand, was bland and unappealing.

I agree, it's about raising morale before the battle. I sense a general election is looming and an energised Tory party will demolish Labour under the dreadful stewardship of Corbyn.

Corbyn is why the Tories are in power and will remain in power. It's a shame, because an energetic and charismatic Labour leader would steam roll the Tories. Instead, we have Corbyn....about as inspiring as magnolia paint.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
God help us , but at least we will all be energised

As you voted for Brexit and your preferred Brexit option is no-deal I take it you no longer support the dear leader who has betrayed Labour-supporting Brexit voters and now wholeheartedly support our new PM?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
BoJo's blustering BS just getting embarrasing now. One of his Tory minders should find a way to drag him off the front bench. Jacob Rees-Mogg, just to his right, looks completely :facepalm: :lolol:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
BoJo's blustering BS just getting embarrasing now.

I disagree, I think your dislike of Johnson (and there is plenty to dislike) is governing your opinion. Boris' performance has not been 'embarrassing' and neither was Corbyn's. One performed a LOT better than the other though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here