Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Any 1901 members thinking of taking up the "The Dugout" offer?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Who will take over the “wtf is it” 1901 food thread if you move down there?

Good point.

I think it’s a neat idea. But it’s not for me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Freebies and club guests but not 1901 type guests I would imagine. They will be relocated to somewhere else in the ground and the club free up 40 seats for corporate hospitality?.

I guess so. If regular season ticket holders had been turfed out of their seats I’m sure we’d have heard.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Take your seat in the Dugout, the new sports bar at the Amex, opening for the coming Premier League season!

The Dugout is an exciting new hospitality option for the 2019/20 season: great seats and a brilliant sports bar, created on the back of feedback from supporters.

So who is going to own up to suggesting this would up a good idea to the club and this is what is missing from their matchday experience, particularly given the stick that City and Spurs have had for introducing this type of thing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So who is going to own up to suggesting this would up a good idea to the club and this is what is missing from their matchday experience, particularly given the stick that City and Spurs have had for introducing this type of thing.

We asked for it in the surveys apparently. Strokes chin

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I'm not 1901 so its not an option for me anyway, and I'm quite happy on my perch in the WSU. I didn't even do the survey, let alone suggest this thing.

But as a one-off, or an occasional treat, whats not to like ? A decent bar limited to 40 people with 6-seater booths to sit at, each with their own TV's. Thats pre and post match nicely sorted. A free drink at half time. Some of the best seats in the house, close to all the action.

Not sure I'd want that permanently, as I much prefer an elevated view. But if I could ponce me one of those for a game or two a season (being as they are transferable if someone can't make it), then I'd be all over it like a tramp on chips.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'm not 1901 so its not an option for me anyway, and I'm quite happy on my perch in the WSU. I didn't even do the survey, let alone suggest this thing.

But as a one-off, or an occasional treat, whats not to like ? A decent bar limited to 40 people with 6-seater booths to sit at, each with their own TV's. Thats pre and post match nicely sorted. A free drink at half time. Some of the best seats in the house, close to all the action.

Not sure I'd want that permanently, as I much prefer an elevated view. But if I could ponce me one of those for a game or two a season (being as they are transferable if someone can't make it), then I'd be all over it like a tramp on chips.

Yep, plus an included bite to eat, and free parking.

I too can see the attraction for a game or two a season. Providing it doesn’t rain. And you dont mind not really being able to see the game properly :whistle:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't really understand why people get all aerated about stuff like this? If you don't like the idea, then you ignore it, and carry on with your existing match day ritual unaffected.

On this specific idea, I can absolutely see the demand - is it really hard to understand that there are a number of fans with plenty of cash, who value the 1901 perks of no queues, close-by car parking, bar facilities, but don't want the non-shouty, no-replica-shirts experience afforded by the existing lounges? :shrug:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't really understand why people get all aerated about stuff like this? If you don't like the idea, then you ignore it, and carry on with your existing match day ritual unaffected.

On this specific idea, I can absolutely see the demand - is it really hard to understand that there are a number of fans with plenty of cash, who value the 1901 perks of no queues, close-by car parking, bar facilities, but don't want the non-shouty, no-replica-shirts experience afforded by the existing lounges? :shrug:

Agree. Not for me but it’s a neat idea.

I wonder if they will put a Perspex roof over the seats and turn it into a proper dug-out?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

And one of the 40 is issued a manager’s coat instead of a shirt.

The more I think about this, the more I think Barber is missing a few tricks.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The fact there are 6 seater booths and 40 places has broken my OCD. As has the idea of a one course buffet.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am more interested as to where this private bar is going to be. Where was it before?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I think it’s next door to the new 1901 Craft Beer Bar.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here