Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Any 1901 members thinking of taking up the "The Dugout" offer?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Sounds like one of those ideas that have come across from the good old US of A.
Whooping and hi fiving each other when the Albion scores a touch down :shootself:

This. And every other word has to be either: 'awesome', 'like' or 'super-cool'. Them's the rules.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
c8467df4bd329bd5d50045a7c44745a9.jpg

That blue shirted chap with the shades won’t be grinning when it’s tipping down in November.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This. And every other word has to be either: 'awesome', 'like' or 'super-cool'. Them's the rules.

And high-five-ing the goals.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Saw this from the outside Saturday. Obviously being a pleb unable to venture in. Thought the positioning of it in WSL very odd and rather elitist, but seeing the position they are seated can console myself these people will be getting very wet in the winter or using the indoor area more than expected.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Saw this from the outside Saturday. Obviously being a pleb unable to venture in. Thought the positioning of it in WSL very odd and rather elitist, but seeing the position they are seated can console myself these people will be getting very wet in the winter or using the indoor area more than expected.

I struggle to see the attraction myself. The idea of paying top dollar to sit in the open, almost at pitch level, with access to a small intimate sports bar shut off from everyone else isn’t my idea of a good day out. That said, it sold out in hours, so there’s clearly demand.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I quite like the booths. Biggest problem would be having the balls to shout abuse at players from those seats :lolol:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The Director’s Friends package, or whatever it’s called, is taking shape. They’ve carved out a piece of the Italk lounge for this.

I'd wondered what that reduction in the size of the lounge was all about. I've not seen anything from the club about this new offering - do you know anything about what it is?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Would these be seats that the youth team occupied last season?

These are the seats you traditionally got with other packages, i.e. mascots family etc. Last time my Son was mascot it was a mixture of dizzy family members and club youth players and employees

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'd wondered what that reduction in the size of the lounge was all about. I've not seen anything from the club about this new offering - do you know anything about what it is?

I have not seen any official emails either but it was mentioned in the same program notes as The Dug Out and from memory is called The Directors Guests. I wonder if it’s invite only or actually is for Directors guests. But, I understand, its a similar arrangement to The Dug Out but utilising the new sectioned of part of the Italk lounge plus the rear row(s) of seats in the director’s box.

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
To be fair, he probably won’t be sitting next to the Duke Of Sussex come November.
I know the “Duke of Sussex” [emoji23] Classic prawn sandwich muncher. Nice bloke.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
I have not seen any official emails either but it was mentioned in the same program notes as The Dug Out and from memory is called The Directors Guests. I wonder if it’s invite only or actually is for Directors guests. But, I understand, its a similar arrangement to The Dug Out but utilising the new sectioned of part of the Italk lounge plus the rear row(s) of seats in the director’s box.

I have found the programme notes from PBs column from the Southampton match. "Having sold out the very limited number of seats (all with food inclusive packages) in each of the two new lounges (The Dugout and Directors' Guest Lounge) within just a couple of days, we will - in addition to looking to add more general admission seats in areas across the stadium - be searching for other opportunities to offer new and very different lounge alternatives to our existing 1901 club memberships."

So it's not clear from that, but it implies that the directors' guest lounge is for paid members rather than guests on a freebie. The away section of the directors seats is half empty for most matches and was possibly only a third full on Saturday so I can see why PB would be looking to exploit this. It's crazy having empty seats in such a good location. Also, why trumpet it in the programme if they're not available to the general public. I cannot recall the email about the Dugout seats mentioning anything about the Directors' Guest Lounge so I assume they were all snapped up before that was sent.

I noticed that Southampton have something similar so perhaps that's where they got the idea.

https://tickets.saintsfc.co.uk/Page...00000616&availabilitycomponentid=100000000332

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here