Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Any 1901 members thinking of taking up the "The Dugout" offer?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
These are the seats you traditionally got with other packages, i.e. mascots family etc. Last time my Son was mascot it was a mixture of dizzy family members and club youth players and employees

Yeah it seems mascots seats are now down in W1A think.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Going on what I've seen so far, Im out....But, do what the Jacksonville Jaguars have done, and stick in a couple of pools as well, and I might consider it.

os-jacksonville-jaguars-pool-party-20141020.jpg
texans-jaguars-chip-litherland-0001.jpg

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
[tweet]1173326704733032448[/tweet]

Thanks.

However, it's the other one that I was curious about - the Directors' Guest Lounge it appears to be. It also seems to be "sold out", though there's been nothing publicised about it on the website, or in an email sent to existing 1901ers.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I went in the tunnel club at the city v Brighton game. It was fantastic, great atmosphere, a good lively vibe rather than a concourse footy vibe but still great. I think this dugout club seems to be a lower premier league team's version of the tunnel club.
If it wasn't for the getting wet in the rain bit, I can see the appeal.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
:lolol: I know the guy in the centre with the blue shirt, big smile and Stevie Wonder shades on. He passed me on the concourse on his way and said I'd have to join him in the dugout. I shrugged and said yeah, maybe.

Are they allowed to bring knuckle-draggers in as guests, then?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have found the programme notes from PBs column from the Southampton match. "Having sold out the very limited number of seats (all with food inclusive packages) in each of the two new lounges (The Dugout and Directors' Guest Lounge) within just a couple of days, we will - in addition to looking to add more general admission seats in areas across the stadium - be searching for other opportunities to offer new and very different lounge alternatives to our existing 1901 club memberships."

So it's not clear from that, but it implies that the directors' guest lounge is for paid members rather than guests on a freebie. The away section of the directors seats is half empty for most matches and was possibly only a third full on Saturday so I can see why PB would be looking to exploit this. It's crazy having empty seats in such a good location. Also, why trumpet it in the programme if they're not available to the general public. I cannot recall the email about the Dugout seats mentioning anything about the Directors' Guest Lounge so I assume they were all snapped up before that was sent.

I noticed that Southampton have something similar so perhaps that's where they got the idea.

https://tickets.saintsfc.co.uk/Page...00000616&availabilitycomponentid=100000000332

If it is paid members it must have been invite only given no one seems to have had an email.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
They’ve missed a trick there. Should have put the seats at the top of the WSU and called it The Dug Loft.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Nearly as bad as FSG trying to copyright “Liverpool” in all matters relating to football.
Unbelievable what people are willing to do to earn a £.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here