Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anthony Knockaert Tribute Thread

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
His performance at Wolves on the Good Friday which set us up for the Easter Monday game against Wigan, could have been a really nervy occasion and he took the whole game by the scruff of the neck and got us the three points to set up the greatest day ever

That was a good day. Not only did it all bit ensure promotion, I believe it was Chris Wood who scored for Leeds against Newcastle in the 95th minute while many of us were still on trains.

Which of course all but ensured our title.

Hang on...

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Jees.. A tribute thread??

He's not dead you know.

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
Palace away - the phenomenal winner which was preceeded by a first minute crunching of Milivojevic, which he should have walked for. Sweet in so many ways.

Best of luck, Knockers.....

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
The West Ham knee slide.

Straight into BHA folklore

Cracks me up every time.

KNOCK.gif

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
We care. He cared. He more than cared.

I think one of the most endearing qualities is that he wore his heart on his sleeve. He wasn't your typical PL player who distances himself from the 'great unwashed' like us. He wanted to be loved, and when he was winning - he was a hero. He needs this.

I wish him all the best at Fulham. I want to see him banging goals in for fun with a big smile on his face, happy with life. He deserves that.

I'd love to have seen him play for GP, but it's not to be (yet, possibly) - but there will be reasons why he's gone, and whatever they are - they are.

Love the bloke. Go for it AK - enjoy your football. :thumbsup:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

I think one of the most endearing qualities is that he wore his heart on his sleeve. He wasn't your typical PL player who distances himself from the 'great unwashed' like us. He wanted to be loved, and when he was winning - he was a hero. He needs this.

I wish him all the best at Fulham. I want to see him banging goals in for fun with a big smile on his face, happy with life. He deserves that.

I'd love to have seen him play for GP, but it's not to be (yet, possibly) - but there will be reasons why he's gone, and whatever they are - they are.

I will sign my name under this, couldn't put it better.

*Gullsworth*

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

He is a bit like Paul Gascoigne, but without the bad habits.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The celebration in front of the home faithful away at Sheffield Wednesday when he scored the second in the 2-1 win up there.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We were 1-0 down at Birmingham away when Solly crossed the ball with seven or eight minutes left to play, and Knocky scored.
He then took the corner that Murray scored from, on 90 mins. Superb.

Palace away to complete the double over them.

Championship player of the season 16/17 and he was ours.

Le petit magician. Bravo.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
The way he played in the home leg of the Sheffield Wednesday play off semi. After having an ankle the size of a baloon from the 1st leg.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Yesterday I was reminiscing about his goal in the 2-2 draw v Burnley the year before we went up. Twisted and turned, made the defenders look silly, before banging it in in front of me in the South Stand. We were right next to the Burnley fans and it felt so good. I remember having little hope of a result that day, but going home full of hope that we might actually go up. It was also the day my dad and I began to get our relationship back on track.

Football and memories go hand in hand. Knocky played a part in that.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Happy memories from all his contributions in the Championship, tinged with frustration and disappointment that he couldn't harness his ability to the demands of the PL. I wish him well and I'm sure that now he is back in his comfort zone, he will do a good job at Fulham. ( Already off the mark in the friendly v Oxford )

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
You could question his temperament, you could question his decision-making but you could never question the man's heart, passion & commitment.

He epitomises everything I love in a player and I'm gutted he has gone.

Much love Knocky - hope all works out well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here