Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anthony Knockaert Tribute Thread

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I know he’s still technically an Albion player, but it feels as though he is very much gone. Lots of division over whether he should have been part of Potter’s plans, but I think we can all agree that he will go down as one of the most important players in our history.

What is your favourite memory of the little magician? What will you always be thankful for him for?

I’ll start. The first twenty minutes against Sheffield Wednesday in the playoff semi-final. And being sensational in our promotion season. I loved his arrogance, self-belief. How Murray had to sometimes keep him grounded (a la QPR away). Man, I feel a bit teary writing this.

Last edited:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
When he was on, and I mean on, he was like one of those old American locomotives steaming along; a vision of iron, steel, smoke and fire... an unstoppable force.

One of those moments came away at Forest (I think), where he either scored or made the winner by going on one of those runs where the opposition just couldn't stop him, like a little bull on the charge... literally charging past three of four defenders like they were made of sand...

Jesus wept, I'm getting all upset again.

:(

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
FFS there's already a huge thread on him so why can't you just put it on that instead of starting yet another one??
Because that one is full of disagreements between those who feel we should have kept him and those who don’t. This is a thread appreciating what Knockaert did for us, regardless of your opinion of the transfer.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Oh oh. Internet thread police alert

Don’t like it don’t open it

Simples

FFS there's already a huge thread on him so why can't you just put it on that instead of starting yet another one??

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Felt like the missing piece of the jigsaw from the second we signed him.

So many wonderful memories, and the performance in the wonderful ten man destroyal of MASSIVE is hard to beat. To be honest though, his schooling of Schteve's Derby County, essentially letting the world know that we were on our way was just magnificent. It was ferocious and McClaren's post-match resignation to how far the arrogant tw**s were/are behind us made it all the sweeter.

For what it is worth, I very much felt this way when the club released Greer and Calderon (which at the time felt like we were taking a massive step back) - We have been so lucky to have had the wonderful talents of Knocky, Bruno and CH to give us the best moments in the club's modern history. As they did before, the club will move onwards, and hopefully upwards.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
A message to any Fulham fans taking a look on NSC you have secured the services of a wonderful player a little magician treat him kindly Shower him in love and he will respond like wise

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
FWIW (nothing) - I think this great thread.

I don't imagine there's a single Albion fan who doesn't adore AK, what he meant to the club and what we meant to him.
Not that NSC will give me a choice in the matter but I'll always follow his career.
So a thread of pure adulation can't be a bad thing.

Anyhoo back to the question at hand, one for which I only have half an answer.

He went proper, proper, bat pooh cray-cray in front of us in the Family Stand after scoring.
I have no idea of which game it was and I don't think I've ever seen any footage of it.

You'd have thought one of the kidz would have captured something on their phone, but as we were all going nuts as well, maybe not.

Happy days.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
His performance at Wolves on the Good Friday which set us up for the Easter Monday game against Wigan, could have been a really nervy occasion and he took the whole game by the scruff of the neck and got us the three points to set up the greatest day ever

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Wolves away. The slide towards the away end after his second was right in front of me....the moment even I (very pessimistic) started to GENUINELY believe we were likely to get promoted (rather than still referring to it as 'a good start to the season' :lolol:)

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
So many moments. For me he's the one player who technically could take your breathe away. I'll remember not just the big moments but the details. He didn't always get it right but when he did he had everyone standing with a deft touch or piece of skill. His partnership on the right with Bruno was a joy to behold. Top moment has to the Palace goal not only for the quality of the finish but the posturing in the celebration to rub their noses in it. Magic Knockhaert in his full pomp!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here