Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daniel Sturridge

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Free agent..

Absolute undoubted talent, and still only 29 so you’d assume is good for a couple of seasons.

Obviously we all know he’s injury prone and would need high wages, but you’d think Tony Bloom wouldn’t begrudge a gamble.

On his day he’s still a match winner.

Thoughts?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Can he play right back ?

Don’t think we will sign a striker .

Work with what we have got seems to be the message .

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We have enough injury prone goal scorers thankyouverymuch.

We need more defenders

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
art-aa466-contract-furniture-3.jpg

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Would be a HUGE gamble. If someone picks him up and he has an injury-free spell towards the end of the career, then someone will have got themselves a cracker.

But it's too much of a gamble for me. It's not been the odd season where he has come up short, or been plagued with injuries, or seemingly making himself unavailable whenever he's got a slight niggle, it feels like it has been most of his career. There was one season with Jaws at Liverpool, the year they nearly won the title, where he was playing regularly and looking the business. But there just hasn't been enough to warrant the size of gamble he would be.

He'd be a VERY expensive Paul Kitson, and I don't want to go down that road again.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Would be a HUGE gamble. If someone picks him up and he has an injury-free spell towards the end of the career, then someone will have got themselves a cracker.

But it's too much of a gamble for me. It's not been the odd season where he has come up short, or been plagued with injuries, or seemingly making himself unavailable whenever he's got a slight niggle, it feels like it has been most of his career. There was one season with Jaws at Liverpool, the year they nearly won the title, where he was playing regularly and looking the business. But there just hasn't been enough to warrant the size of gamble he would be.

He'd be a VERY expensive Paul Kitson, and I don't want to go down that road again.

In 13 seasons as a professional, he's never made more than 30 league appearances in a season. He's only gone passed 20 appearances 4 times. He's only gone passed 11 goals in a season once, when he was outstanding in 2013/14 and got 21 goals in 29 games. He's only got into double figures for goals 3 times.

He is an absolute no. He is a dickhead policy fail. Absolutely there hasn't been enough to warrant the gamble. If he hasn't figured it out now as he reaches 30, he never will.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Wages
Injury risk.

Apart from that a big fat 'Yes'.

I guess a lot of other clubs would feel the same way.

Let Villa have him. They'll take anyone.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here