Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daniel Sturridge

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wasn’t there something with Sturridge about him not really being injured, just psychologically not ready to play.

I think a few years ago Gerrard called him out on it when he was Liverpool captain, saying something along the lines that sometimes you have to play, even when you're not quite 100%. Reading between the lines, Sturridge sounds like a serial skiver who will cry off with a raggy toenail.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Can anyone think of an example of a serial sicknote footballer who suddenly got fit and started banging in the goals? Ever?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'm surprised more hasn't been mentioned about his gambling and his family and friends putting money on transfers that are about to happen. It sums up that we don't need someone with a bad, immoral attitude. Always wipe the bookies out fair and square.

And a NO from me. He'd be injured by October after managing around four goals at the most in about 12 matches. Wages far too expensive.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
daniel_sturridge_s_3488348b.jpg

Daniel Sturridge in familiar match action pose.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
No idea what goes on inside his head/injury prone body, but it's a shame because he's quality when he does play.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Now BG has sadly departed..... Daniel Sturridge has been released by Trabzonspor. Given our lack of goals lets get him on a short term contract. £50k per goal.

Given how the integration of Mac Allister is working, Sturridge will be ready for Norwich game I reckon

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Now BG has sadly departed..... Daniel Sturridge has been released by Trabzonspor. Given our lack of goals lets get him on a short term contract. £50k per goal.

Given how the integration of Mac Allister is working, Sturridge will be ready for Norwich game I reckon

WBA took him on at the end of last season....that went well

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Think he needed to be out of contact before the window slammed shut for us to sing him up now.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
If he ends up anywhere he'll end up at Villa.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
At this point in our season I would take him. If he scored 3 or 4 goals between now and the end of the season that could be difference between Premier League football and Championship football.

Desperate times call for desperate measures and someone that can finish their dinner is just what we need.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why has his 3-year contract been terminated? He signed a 3-year deal and has 4 goals and 4 assists in 11 games, 7 goals in 15 games overall. That seems a decent return for a new player still settling in.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
No details why, just 'by mutual consent'.

30 years old. Played 16 times this season and scored seven goals.

But well injury prone as has been said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here