Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Joelinton to Newcastle.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So much for the owner not willing to splash cash and go for it.

Funny old world.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Makes Locadia seem a bargain!

Eredivisie v Bundesliga.

One is a competitive league.

I'd make a bold prediction and suggest that guy will have a greater impact for them than our boy did for us... but then again, that wouldn't be particularly difficult would it? Like, tying one of his teammates laces up would probably pull him ahead immediately.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope not vaguely envious, we can make do with what we have, maybe a last minute expensive bargain basement striker can be convinced to come here at the death.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So much for the owner not willing to splash cash and go for it.

Funny old world.

But fits the Newcastle model of getting in a player under 26 who will have a resale value. The reason Rafa went was that Ashley wasn't prepared to splash £40m on older players regardless of what they would bring to the team.

Also does this mean that Longstaff will be joining Utd for a similar or higher fee to balance the books?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Eredivisie v Bundesliga.

One is a competitive league.

I'd make a bold prediction and suggest that guy will have a greater impact for them than our boy did for us... but then again, that wouldn't be particularly difficult would it? Like, tying one of his teammates laces up would probably pull him ahead immediately.

Big Jurgs will be a different kettle of herring this season....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5O0J5Q2MfM

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
40 million for a 22 year old striker who’s never scored more than 8 in a season. Big fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that's the sort of fee we need to pay for a PL striker for some random that most of us would need to Google, could probably get Ashley Barnes for that amount, with a guaranteed crop of goals.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If that's the sort of fee we need to pay for a PL striker, could probably get Ashley Barnes for that, with a gharanteed crop of goals.

Have you thought about doing standup? Sell for 750k and buy back for 40 million?

I would bloody love it if Ashley came back but that ship has sailed over the horizon and the chances of Albion paying half of that for any striker is incredibly slim

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
No wonder PB was complaining of crazy fees and a crazy market. Paying silly money like that will surely have a knock on effect for other PL clubs?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here