Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Joelinton to Newcastle.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
What happened to the bloke they signed from Atlanta ?
Hasn't exactly torn up any trees since he went to the Toon

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Not sure a back up Tight End was ever going to work to be honest :moo:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
No wonder PB was complaining of crazy fees and a crazy market. Paying silly money like that will surely have a knock on effect for other PL clubs?

I think that signing has ****ed the window for us now. £20m+ for a Championship Striker, £40m+ for a Bundesliga Sticker. Just can’t see TB blowing that amount of beans on someone.

On a more positive note, Tau is surely worth £20m+ in Europe now?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The fee willl be worth every penny If he starts scoring and only 22. People go on about TB being a gambler he’s never risked a decent chunk on a striker we desperately need.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Looks decent.

joe-lycett-gbbo-t.jpg

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

£21M, played 763 minutes in half a season, no goals, no assists...

Probably due in part to tearing his hamstring in April and missing the last few games of the season

He looked very good to me, what I saw of him, before he got injured. :shrug:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Don't matter what the dumb selling fee was. That's maybe the going rate for a PL striker now. West Ham just bought one for £45M. We'll be seeing him soon enough.

Yes, that's the going rate now for a decent, but not spectacular striker. It totally makes sense, given the differences in income between the Premier League and the Championship

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Hopefully it should give people (our fans and theirs) cause for a moments reflection, before comparing Ashley to some of the other asset stripping chairmen, at Blackpool etc.

We could never have got anywhere near making a signing like this. Sure it carries risk, as they all do, but you sign players like Joelinton, Almiron and pay the loan fees for the likes of Rondon, all of a sudden, you find yourself 10th every year.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Don't matter what the dumb selling fee was. That's maybe the going rate for a PL striker now. West Ham just bought one for £45M. We'll be seeing him soon enough.

Sadly, when it comes to paying the going rate for a decent striker, we don't appear to be able to pay, or are unwilling to pay, the going rate. Which is why we'll almost certainly start the season with a bang average strike force and struggle again to score goals. This is our third season in the Premier League and I wish we would start acting like a Premier League club with ambitions to remain one. With the very high rates we pay for season tickets, we deserve better.

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Incredible really that £40m now only buys you a gamble. He may well be great but his record suggests this is a long way from being a guaranteed success. And if Newcastle are gambling with £40m, what are we likely to be doing if we sign somebody for £15m/£20m?

That's an easy one - we won't be competing for the decent quality strikers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here