Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Martin Perry standing down

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Love MP. Enduring images:

1. MP walking round the track at Withdean, in front of the SKINT logo raffle prize car, dressed as Austin Powers :lol:

2. MP walking round the North Stand post-match in the early Amex seasons, young lady on his arm, for the sole reason of inviting worship by worshipful fans hence impressing aforementioned young lady on arm :lol:

3. MP wearing that omnipresent blue anorak :lol:

Gawd bless MP :love:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was lucky enough to be in a group that had a 'hardhat' stadium tour with MP and (I think) Richard Hebbard about a year or so before the Amex opened. He clearly took such great personal pride in the project, and was an excellent guide. It was during the tour that he (unofficially) confirmed that the east stand would indeed have a 2nd tier sooner rather than later, pointing out to us the additional concourse space and exit capacities that were already in place. It had of course been kept "hush hush" from the official plans, as getting permission for a 21k stadium was hard enough.

Fielded all my boneheaded questions with good grace and humour as well. He was the perfect Chief Exec to help get the whole Amex project over the line. We all owe him a huge debt of gratitude.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
When we were at Withdean and I was a steward he always came and stood looking out from the back of the north stand before the gates opened. He was always willing to chat and about everything and anything. Top bloke and did much of the nitty gritty work behind the scenes to get the stadium.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
When we were at Withdean and I was a steward he always came and stood looking out from the back of the north stand before the gates opened. He was always willing to chat and about everything and anything. Top bloke and did much of the nitty gritty work behind the scenes to get the stadium.

You weren't the one with the omlette on his head were you? ???

matt

Mar 19, 2007
I saw Dick on the train to Wembley. Just sitting there with his bag eating a sandwich. It was quite sad.

I thanked him for everything.

That's pretty sad. He came across as rather odd in his autobiography, but we wouldn't be arguing over who our most ineffective £17m attacker is without him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here