Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Albion legends in memorial match for John Shepherd Southwick FC this Sunday 1pm

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17758424.albion-legends-line-play-memorial-match-john-shepherd/

Worth £2 of anyone's money to see: Steve Foster, Ian Chapman, Kerry Mayo, John Keeley, Dean Wilkins, Charlie Oatway, Adam Hinshelwood, Stuart Tuck, Paul Rogers, John Robinson, David Gipp and Garry Mitchell.

I've seen all these players first time around (well, only second time around for Foster) but erm who is Garry Mitchell???

This Sunday, 28th July, 1pm at Southwick FC.

Hope it's not too hot for the old boys!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17758424.albion-legends-line-play-memorial-match-john-shepherd/

Worth £2 of anyone's money to see: Steve Foster, Ian Chapman, Kerry Mayo, John Keeley, Dean Wilkins, Charlie Oatway, Adam Hinshelwood, Stuart Tuck, Paul Rogers, John Robinson, David Gipp and Garry Mitchell.

I've seen all these players first time around (well, only second time around for Foster) but erm who is Garry Mitchell???

This Sunday, 28th July, 1pm at Southwick FC.

Hope it's not too hot for the old boys!

He was an apprentice starting in 1983-84. He and England youth international Kevin Russell were offered pro terms by the club at the end of that first year. However, the deals were never actually forthcoming and Cattlin suddenly released the pair of them in October 1984 (due to financial constraints starting to really bite at the club). Russell, of course, went on to have a very decent league career and is arguably the best striker our youth system has produced in the last 40 years.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He was an apprentice starting in 1983-84. He and England youth international Kevin Russell were offered pro terms by the club at the end of that first year. However, the deals were never actually forthcoming and Cattlin suddenly released the pair of them in October 1984 (due to financial constraints starting to really bite at the club). Russell, of course, went on to have a very decent league career and is arguably the best striker our youth system has produced in the last 40 years.

Is there ANYTHING you don't know :lolol:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Ruddy 'ell, that is impressive knowledge. I thought I had deep, dark, anorak knowledge about the Albion, but I have NEVER heard of him!

Cattlin suddenly released the pair of them in October 1984 (due to financial constraints starting to really bite at the club). Russell, of course, went on to have a very decent league career and is arguably the best striker our youth system has produced in the last 40 years.
So, this is the same CC who couldn't see the potential in Ian Wright after several trials.

Is that a fair comment?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here