Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton v Pompey tomorrow

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Just look at Swansea results and games last season and expect similar.
We will score more goals but concede them as well, just hope that the 'for' is bigger than the 'against' and hence more points.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just look at Swansea results and games last season and expect similar.
We will score more goals but concede them as well, just hope that the 'for' is bigger than the 'against' and hence more points.

I would be amazed if we finished mid-table though, and still relatively surprised if we actually do score more goals, mainly because of the quality in the squad (or lack of it).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ridiculous levels of cloak-and-dagger. Whats the issue ? Other than the professional online bedwetters and pearl-clutchers, who really gives a shit about the result of a pre-season training-ground trot-around against a bunch of irrelevant noddy 3rd division scufflers ?

Embarrassing all round.

I agree.

I get all the secrecy around transfers, but behind close door friendlies?

Are they embarrassed about something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
There are a number of perfectly reasonable reasons why it's behind closed doors. Including:

• Andy Naylor testimonial
  • Trial for Owen and Kanchelskis
  • It's a traditional pre-season fixture where Bloom and Barber pull on the stripes and show them how it's done
  • They are testing the guest pies for the season and don't want to spoil the surprise
  • It's actually an illegal dog fighting tournament being used by Potter to bring the team together (suggested by the squad because they hated the karaoke he made them do in Austria)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Or maybe, given it's a very hot day, we've just played Fulham and / or we want to try something different that the playing conditions will be such that we don't want to justify charging punters to watch. 70 minute game? Rolling subs? Half with the youth team? All perfectly possible.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Ive heard some of pompeys top boys were planning a visit and were gonna hand out caling cards if they took any of are boozers so PC half and half scarve red carded the match for spectaters as feared too much claret been spilt as their would of been a large welcoming party for the 6:57 crew but cant say any more as walls have ears (and sausages) and its best kept between those ITK to stop the OB getting in the way of some toe too toe

Regards
DR

Ah! The sheer beauty of the English language!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Messi?
I heard it may be because we are giving a run out to a genuine superstar signing we want to check over first to make sure he is fit after Copa America.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Ive heard some of pompeys top boys were planning a visit and were gonna hand out caling cards if they took any of are boozers so PC half and half scarve red carded the match for spectaters as feared too much claret been spilt as their would of been a large welcoming party for the 6:57 crew but cant say any more as walls have ears (and sausages) and its best kept between those ITK to stop the OB getting in the way of some toe too toe

Regards
DR

my sauce suggested it was BHAFC Pen Pushers having a scrap with the Pompey Administrators, not quite as exotic as Man City's Blazing Squad or West Ham's ICF. But a tasty affair nonetheless.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I presume that they have them behind closed doors so that the managers can stop the game at any time to make tactical adjustments etc. It will be very much stop start and hardly a decent spectacle for the supporters and more like a training session. They wont announce the score because it is irrelevant and not the reason for the match being held.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I don't fully understand the secrecy of the training ground in general. I played there last week as part of a work tournament, and we were banned from taking any pictures or discussing the event on social media. I don't really understand - it's not a secret where it is based. It is not a secret what goes on there, you can see images of the various pitches on a Google image search. We were there to play football on a 4G pitch, which is what happened. There's no need for secrecy, not that I can see. ???

For this game with Portsmouth, if they're going to play a different format and don't think it matters what the score is - fine. But why try and keep it a secret? Why not just say it's not a serious game, just a run out for as many players as possible in a shorter format? Put up a few pictures, thank Pompey for providing opposition and we all move on with our lives, no?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here