Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton v Pompey tomorrow

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I heard it may be because we are giving a run out to a genuine superstar signing we want to check over first to make sure he is fit after Copa America.

There are some who probably believe you now.

Stumpy Tim

I don't fully understand the secrecy of the training ground in general. I played there last week as part of a work tournament, and we were banned from taking any pictures or discussing the event on social media. I don't really understand - it's not a secret where it is based. It is not a secret what goes on there, you can see images of the various pitches on a Google image search. We were there to play football on a 4G pitch, which is what happened. There's no need for secrecy, not that I can see. ???

My 8 year old played in a tournament there a year ago, and we had the same thing. No pictures at all allowed - seemed a bit weird. You would think they could designate an area for the kids to take a photo, but they didn't so there was a lot of people doing it anyway. All very odd given the Sky Cameras are there quite often, especially on transfer deadline day

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't fully understand the secrecy of the training ground in general. I played there last week as part of a work tournament, and we were banned from taking any pictures

My 8 year old played in a tournament there a year ago, and we had the same thing. No pictures at all allowed - seemed a bit weird. You would think they could designate an area for the kids to take a photo, but they didn't so there was a lot of people doing it anyway. All very odd given the Sky Cameras are there quite often, especially on transfer deadline day

The same is true of most (if not all) clubs' training grounds.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
my sauce suggested it was BHAFC Pen Pushers having a scrap with the Pompey Administrators, not quite as exotic as Man City's Blazing Squad or West Ham's ICF. But a tasty affair nonetheless.

Who the xxxx are Blazing Squad? The new Take That? Was the Maine Line Service Crew in my day............

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes, but why?

Don't know. My guess would be that there is obviously some stuff going on that they wish to keep private, and that it is much easier to have a blanket ban on all public photography on site, than to task the the security staff with exercising discretion on what is, and is not allowable.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
West Ham's ICP.

27-og.jpg

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Don't know. My guess would be that there is obviously some stuff going on that they wish to keep private, and that it is much easier to have a blanket ban on all public photography on site, than to task the the security staff with exercising discretion on what is, and is not allowable.

In Palace's case it will be because they're so ashamed of the crappiness of their facilities compared to, well, almost every other club's.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Who the xxxx are Blazing Squad? The new Take That? Was the Maine Line Service Crew in my day............

I'm not kidding by the way - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02463c0 it was Maine Line Service Crew. Rebranded, apparently it's meant to be ironic and a piss take on the 2000s boy band, but i'm not buying.

This is well worth a watch if you can get it. There's literally a scene with him ringing West Ham's firm and it goes like "Hello, is that West Ham?".

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

I could understand them not wanting us to take pictures of the active training session which was ongoing for the u16 squad, or with the goalkeepers (Tom McGill and someone else) - but we were asked not to take any pictures of our matches in progress. Even facing away from the rest of the training ground - our pitch was the Community Pitch on the far side of the complex and looking East means you're seeing nothing of the training facility. It just seemed a bit much, but it's their facility - their rules. We got a few sneaky photos, like the true rebels we are.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I could understand them not wanting us to take pictures of the active training session which was ongoing for the u16 squad, or with the goalkeepers (Tom McGill and someone else) - but we were asked not to take any pictures of our matches in progress. Even facing away from the rest of the training ground - our pitch was the Community Pitch on the far side of the complex and looking East means you're seeing nothing of the training facility. It just seemed a bit much, but it's their facility - their rules. We got a few sneaky photos, like the true rebels we are.

Sure, agree entirely. the Community Pitch ought to be exempt, and I'd imagine that in reality they probably wouldn't care. Much easier though to have a blanket ban in place though, to empower the staff to prevent any photography of any importance.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
**MOD EDIT. THIS IS BOLLOCKS**

Just seen on Twitter (sorry can't work out how to do links), team for this afternoon is:

Button
Bernado
Burn
Duffy
Sanders
Trossard
Baluta
Roberts
Undisclosed
Hemed
Connelly

Subs: Sanchez, clarke, Cox, Longman, Richards, Gyorkeres

Most interesting thing there is why would one player be 'Undisclosed'?

Last edited by a moderator:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here