Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The post AK mojo poll

22 July 2019 how’s your Albion Mojo?

• Total voters

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Not worried about players going out if better ones come in and hopefully this applies to Knockaert/Trossard. Went down when we resigned Hemed and still seem to be relying on same midfield and Murray. Can only hope we are not going in with 10 of same team that struggled in nearly every game.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I was hoping we'd give the untested manager a better squad than the accomplished one.

Need some very good signings ready to jump straight into the first team, 16 days to do it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
7 for me, but really can't be doing with thinking much about football at all whilst the summer is still here.
AK's departure saddens me a bit, but not massively. I am just pleased the club is trying to do something about some of the issues that were getting out of hand under Hughton and caused his downfall.

I am keen to see Trossard (who could be a super signing) and one or two other signings to come. I also have blind optimism that Potter is going to transform Locadia (who might turn out to be a confidence player that suddenly finds scoring easy) and Ali J (who I still think is absolutely gash, but I'm hoping Potter will prove me completely wrong)

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
7 ish . . . . I'm readng the departure of AK as a positive, ie we're actively intending to improve . . . . lets win the Ashes and worry about the detail once the season actually starts.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Genuinely excited by the sea change in tactics, attitude and personnel. I’m an 8.

Thanks for the use of "sea change". I always thought it was C-change, as in traversing the letter C - going along in one direction but then curving round and going the other, just like the letter C. We use the same with T-junction or T-shirt. However, googling it reveals that it is indeed sea change. Always an education on here.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
At the moment: very low. I was sick at Hughton's sacking and literally cannot understand Potter keeping Jahanbaksh and Locadia and LOANING Knockaert to Fulham. I don't think there has ever been an Albion managerial decision I disagree with more, and that includes the signing of Mark Farrington.
However, it may well be that Potter is a genius who will turn both into far better players than Knocky ever was and play wonderful, expansive, attacking football which will make Wolves and Spurs away seem but a distant memory. In which case I shall happily admit I am completely wrong. I am certainly intrigued to see what the new season brings - it will obviously be very different, one way or another!

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
It is a 3 at the amount. If a promising main striker arrives it will increase. With the new manager and new style I have concerns that we will not be able to win ugly as we did last year. Right now I see opposing teams passing through us on too many occasions whilst our players are ahead of the ball looking bewildered. Hopefully this is just a bad dream and early results will be promising. I am just not expecting it right now. I will be interesting in people's expectations for the first few games ie. West Ham and Southampton at home and Watford away. Last year they brought 3 points but this year ? I What I do expect is a reality check early doors !!!

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
A good 7 for me. New management, Knocky replaced with a likely superior player, decent backup CB signed and the young lad from Citeh. Only concern for me is not yet signing a RB with time ticking ever closer to the end of the window. Anything past that is a bonus. Decent squad very capable of avoiding the relegation scrap if everything clicks into place as it should. Come on Albion!

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Pretty underwhelmed at the moment. Need a signing or 2 to raise morale. Sure will be up for it in a couple of weeks.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Low as it stands. The squad seems weaker to me than the one that finished last season so badly and I worry that the management think that it was all CHs fault due to not utilizing the players correctly, which I don't entirely see.

Need some first team signings to cheer me up.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
8 for me. Knocky is super talented but his hot head, regular selfishness and poor decision making has almost nullified his natural talent in the Premier League IMHO so I won't shed too many tears over his departure. It's like being promoted again and seeing how we'll do in the Premier League with Potter arriving and players talking about the new way of playing that he's instilling in them. I feel bad for Hughton as he did the job asked of him, keep Brighton up at all costs, but at least we have a chance of seeing something slightly different from the predictable pragmatic Hughton tactics. Love the look of Alzate also. Anticipation may be better than reality but I say bring it on!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here