Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter's style?

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
I've not managed to get to any of the pre season friendlies yet and haven't seen any chat on here about the style of play

To those who went.... Is there a marked change in how we're playing and set up and if so what is it?

Cheers

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Watching the highlights on the official site we actually attacked Fulham's goal on a number of occasions. That would be rare under Hughton.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I've not managed to get to any of the pre season friendlies yet and haven't seen any chat on here about the style of play

To those who went.... Is there a marked change in how we're playing and set up and if so what is it?

Cheers
A move so far to 4-2-3-1 with the '3' interchanging a bit is the 1st idea it seems.

Our problem at the moment is perhaps that the '2' isn't quite there yet. I have great hope for Băluţă and Alzate to be of more influence here as the season goes on.

I'm sure once we've learned this formation a bit, Potter will introduce more variations.

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
A move so far to 4-2-3-1 with the '3' interchanging a bit is the 1st idea it seems.

Our problem at the moment is perhaps that the '2' isn't quite there yet. I have great hope for Băluţă and Alzate to be of more influence here as the season goes on.

I'm sure once we've learned this formation a bit, Potter will introduce more variations.

And the football itself?

It it short passing possession based? High press? Or more of the same just a different formation?

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
The challenge with this thread is there aren’t many of us here (including myself) or who those had been up to recently employed by the local newspaper who would recognize a formation, tactic or change in strategy other than a few obvious cliches.

Sit back and enjoy the ride, wherever it goes.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
And the football itself?

It it short passing possession based? High press? Or more of the same just a different formation?

Hopefully with a more attacking intent, especially from the midfield, instead of the slower approach previously.
I'm hoping Dunky will get more allowance of bringing the ball out, given his penchant for passing out to the wings.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Could be a bit Hyppia esque re loads of attacking and loads of resultant conceding

I was going back to those first few games and a collective WTF rising out the stands as everyone looked around them to see if everyone else was completely perplexed by our tactics. I don't even remember loads of attacking. I remember a lot of no player looking like they really knew what we were trying to do.

I really don't mind if Potter starts a bit more defensive than people think, or a bit more attacking, just please send the players out there looking like they know what they should be doing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here