Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knocky - retain or release?

Would you retain or release Anthony Knockaert?

• Retain him - much to offer still at this level.

Votes: 134 65.4%
  • Release him - we can do better and need to move on.

Votes: 71 34.6%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not sure I've seen a poll on this yet, so allow me to do the business.

Knocky - retain him or release him (to Fulham) - what would you do?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Well. We don't really know why he's gone. We don't know what division we'll be in or what division Fulham will be in. We don't know what the transfer fee is. So we can't really form a reliable judgement on this can we

I'd retain him, but I'd have never let him go in the first place

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Whatever is happening, why is the Club getting the money at the end of the Season?

If it's either a £4m loan or £10m purchase why aren't the club getting the £4m now with a further £6m if made permanent?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Whatever is happening, why is the Club getting the money at the end of the Season?

If it's either a £4m loan or £10m purchase why aren't the club getting the £4m now with a further £6m if made permanent?

I’ve been presuming Fulham need to follow some dubious accounting practices to avoid punitive future fines and we’ve played along.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I’ve been presuming Fulham need to follow some dubious accounting practices to avoid punitive future fines and we’ve played along.

Well that was accommodating of us

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Retain, however, if we sign someone who is guaranteed (difficult, I know) to be more productive then release him, but not for such a small fee.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

we wanted the 4m for the championship next summer

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No way of knowing without knowing the facts behind the scenes.

No, no, no, no. No need for that nonsense.

But what we should have is a "kevo" option along the lines of "An IDIOT among the top brass has clearly decided he is SHIT when actually everyone else can see he is our best player and I'm basically going to post that FORTY times on the 'Knocky to Fulham' thread"

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I vote keep. And that's a vote on all that I know, which as little as most others. That's what the vote is on, surely - what we think might be so.
Anywho, I like him, even when tempestuous - I don't want a character less batch of ordinaries putting up a brave fight and having little about them as people. We were on a journey with Knocky, and although it didn't go perfectly at least allowed a narrative alongside our football which often didn't.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Maybe the maintenance required to keep him focused and playing to a PL level most of the time was becoming too much and was fracturing the togetherness. Only the Club know the full reason(s) behind the departure.

I voted release, players come and go all the time and maybe it will be similar to replacing Fed Binney with Peter Ward. Time will tell

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Knocky may or may not have been a pain in the arse behind the scenes demanding Cornetto's for pudding, a Pink away kit and free tickets to the World cup final for all we know but as a fan we only have rumours to go on and never know the full story. Whatever the story was, I can't believe it hasn't played a part and that he was - in all probability - a pain in the arse to manage.

In ability terms though he was the one winger I loved to watch play, sometimes beating his man twice, Scoring Worldies, trickery, pace (Yes, he did have pace), a temperament which meant you didn't know which version would turn up week on week as well as celebrations that we will remember long after he is being idolised up at the cottage. I'll miss him much more than I'd miss the 2018/19 season Ali J's trudgery, Izqueirdo being a shadow of the previous season or Locadia playing a ball to no-one (and the subsequent claims on here that it's because he is well intelligent and playing balls that only Brian Cox would get on the end of and some of us are too thick to see it). Knocky was box office in a team with more than it's fair share of workhorses. I'm gutted to see him go.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Retain him.
You never know what's around the corner.
Anyway this loan spell will be good for him, release some demons on the unsuspecting Championship clogger defences.
There was a smaller uproar when Tomer Hemed went to QPR, he's back in the Albion fold.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here