Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Johnson or Hunt?

Who would you vote for as next leader of the Tory party and Prime Minister?

• Boris Johnson

Votes: 86 41.1%
  • Jeremy Hunt

Votes: 123 58.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
At least Trump was fairly elected - albeit with a minority of the total votes cast. Only a handful of people, relative to the size of the UK, get to elect one of two absolute wankers as the next PM. As pointed out already, both were negligent as Foreign Secretary and Hunt (easier to type than to say) was a disgrace as Health Secretary.

Neither should be eligible to run for PM, let alone not democratically elected.

This.

I would sooner eat my own leg than vote for one of them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m up for Boris. As I said on the Brexit thread, the EU will first humiliate him and then crush him. It will be an absolute joy to watch this. Whistle? Cake-and-eat-it? Prosecco? Go Boris, Go!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I’m up for Boris. As I said on the Brexit thread, the EU will first humiliate him and then crush him. It will be an absolute joy to watch this. Whistle? Cake-and-eat-it? Prosecco? Go Boris, Go!
You want our country humiliated. It would be an absolute joy to see that against the odds, he somehow came away with a deal that was good for both us and the EU. I don't wish bad on the countries of the EU, why do you wish it on the UK?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You want our country humiliated. It would be an absolute joy to see that against the odds, he somehow came away with a deal that was good for both us and the EU. I don't wish bad on the countries of the EU, why do you wish it on the UK?

I said it will be a joy to see Boris humiliated.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Johnson for me. Could end up being Britain's shortest serving PM, breaking George Canning's record of 119 days.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that this poll will go for HUNT as most who post on here, not all obviously, appear to be 'lefties ' or Labour so would see him as less likely to be threat to Corbyn and to win a general election. Who would be the best PM is a different question but will not be reflected in this poll.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Johnson for me. Could end up being Britain's shortest serving PM, breaking George Canning's record of 119 days.
On the plus side ( for him ) he only needs to serve 1 day to get his full Prime Minister's pension.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

The best deal by a mile is no Brexit. The best chance of that is if Boris ****s up royally.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Trump in charge of the USA, Boris in charge of the UK.

Scary. It's like giving two monkeys the keys to a Tank.

I often wonder just how we got to this. The world is a pretty stupid place at the moment, and politics has just become a shit-fest of blatant lies and denials.

Something bad is going to happen. I don't know what, but this is all a precursor to something awful.

My only comforting thought is that the pendulum has to swing the other way, eventually.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Is it just me that thinks with Johnson at the helm we'll become a global figure-of-fun in the same way most of us look at the USA with Trump running the show?

And we'll probably get a certain Trump apologist on here, defending Boris and whatabouting Corbyn.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Hunt is slimey, Johnson's full blown nobbish. But Hunt is a slimey ****er.

He's also ****ing about whilst we have a growing crisis with Iran.... 1 ex Foreign Sec who messed about when he should be dealing with the Iranians and a current Foreign Sec messing about when he should be dealing with the Iranians...

I think there's a possibility the latest Iran issue is planned to show that Hunt is more interested/focussed on the leadership than his job, therefore making Johnson look like a more suitable candidate for leader.

I also think that neither of them will get Brexit done – can't believe anything they say, especially not Boris "I've written two referendum columns just in case, like" Johnson.

Finally, I'd just like the whole thing over and done with. It seems like it's been going on for about six months!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think that this poll will go for HUNT as most who post on here, not all obviously, appear to be 'lefties ' or Labour so would see him as less likely to be threat to Corbyn and to win a general election. Who would be the best PM is a different question but will not be reflected in this poll.

You think that the reason people (on here) are voting against Johnson, is that they fear his success? You don't think that it might be because they neither rate, like or trust him?

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019

no I think it's more that anyone normal would believe that Johnson is going to be a ****ing disaster as the leader of our country. A sloppy, careless egotist with a proven track record of messing things up when he's been given any form of power.

Hunt will still be awful, but ever so slightly less awful

nothing to do with being a "leftie" and everything to do with our country moving out of laughing stock status

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
I posted on another site recently (no, not THAT one) that I thought Johnson would last about 15 minutes in the job. There are Tories who have already declared that they are going to oppose him, and many others gathering in the wings. He's such an embarrassment - there's no way he's going to last, or do anything noteworthy. I'd say he was as much as a gift to the Labour party as Jeremy Berk. (https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/berk)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here