Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Johnson or Hunt?

Who would you vote for as next leader of the Tory party and Prime Minister?

• Boris Johnson

Votes: 86 41.1%
  • Jeremy Hunt

Votes: 123 58.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Whichever one gets us to a 2nd referendum quickest

I would think that would be the more incompetent, so Johnson it is

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
At least Trump was fairly elected - albeit with a minority of the total votes cast. Only a handful of people, relative to the size of the UK, get to elect one of two absolute wankers as the next PM. As pointed out already, both were negligent as Foreign Secretary and Hunt (easier to type than to say) was a disgrace as Health Secretary.

Neither should be eligible to run for PM, let alone not democratically elected.

That is a fine post. You can't judge a winger for toffee, but by gad, you can spot a disgusting self-interested Tory charlatan.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
You've got my attention - talk me through the plan.

I think the plan to totally f*** things up has been followed to the letter ever since Dave decided he had a grand wheeze to cover the cracks in the Tory party.

This is just the final stage where we need one of the Leave campaigners who helped initiate the whole clsuterf*** to take responsibility for what they have done and it's conclusion :wink:

Last edited:

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Johnson - There's just a chance that having a Brexit backing, old Etonian, clueless ****wit in charge will make people in this country finally wake up and smell the coffee.

I do appreciate I'm being wildly optimistic with this assertion.

Many have already woken up. Nobody has a clue what is really going on in this country - least of all the people who are convinced they do.

I can't bring myself to vote on the poll, but, same as others, probably Boris cos he'll f*ck it up the quickest and get us where we need to be (GE)

Would he make us a laughing stock? I can say with some certainty that it' a bit late for worrying about that!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Not that I am particularly swayed either way but I think this whole sorry mess was kick started by David Miliband being usurped by his weird brother. I think DM may have been pretty good, either as PM or in opposition. Now I can't think of any MPs who could bring the country round.
David Cameron should crawl into a hole and never come out. I’m pretty sure we could have managed the situation better within the EU than out of it, bearing in mind all countries have to agree the rules.
We are in a mess we will never get out of in most of our lifetimes.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
I like comedy. Boris is a comedian. I also hope the Tory party will be destroyed and never hold power again. It's a tough call but I think Boris is more likely to achieve the latter and probably provide a ludicous edge to the proceedings. I actually can't bring myself to vote in this poll however, it feels too wrong, I'm spoiling my paper ...

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Not that I am particularly swayed either way but I think this whole sorry mess was kick started by David Miliband being usurped by his weird brother. I think DM may have been pretty good, either as PM or in opposition. Now I can't think of any MPs who could bring the country round.
David Cameron should crawl into a hole and never come out. I’m pretty sure we could have managed the situation better within the EU than out of it, bearing in mind all countries have to agree the rules.

This. I was chatting with someone a few weeks ago about who should be blamed for this mess and I said it was the union leader who basically torpedoed David Milliband as it severely screwed Labour.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

And that Bacon Sandwich has a LOT to answer for !

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
".....we could have managed the situation better within the EU than out of it...."

Hate to remind you, but we're not out of it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003

So, who is responsible for the mess we are in ?

ed_2224142b.jpg

Or

image.jpg

Or am I being whooshed ???

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Grayling.

A man with a proven track record [emoji33]

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So, who is responsible for the mess we are in ?

kick starting or triggering a series of events is not to be responsible for them, its a fair observation made about Miliband. no one person is responsible really, there's lots of politicians representing views and gaining popularity from some, ridicule from others. if you really want to put one person up, its Osborne, he ran the remain campaign and didnt win over enough support.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Is it just me that thinks with Johnson at the helm we'll become a global figure-of-fun in the same way most of us look at the USA with Trump running the show?

Nope BJ is just a clone of DT both have a sleazy history ..oh my though what a choice Hunt orJohnson ..crazy options

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
To be honest I am past caring

I am just glad we are gonna get a few days of nice weather before Trump and Johnson get together to start a War because for sure that is what they both have in mind to get each of their Public's behind them to get them Elected in the next 12 months.

It's standard practice through history around the world to try and wage a short victorious war to get ''Would be Dictators'' Elected and these two ''Fit the Mould''

I only hope they don't choose Iran or North Korea because they may well be ''Victorious'' against them but any War will most certainly not be ''Short'' nor will it be without repercussions to us nor the neighbours of these countries

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'll be 51 years old in August and for my whole life the UK has been a reasonably well-run country, fairly well-respected and with good prospects.

I don't wish to sound melodramatic but that could all change from tomorrow onwards.

This country is riddled with complacency with millions assuming everything's going to be fine because for 74 years it has been fine. But the writing's on the wall and over the past couple of years there have been some international incidents that have exposed our weakness in isolation, i.e. Skripal affair (Russia), Kim Darroch (USA), Hong Kong government uprising / Huawei (China) and now the Tanker seizure (Iran). If we look weak (and boy will we look weak with Hunt or - in particular - Johnson) then we're in bad shape.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports