Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Johnson or Hunt?

Who would you vote for as next leader of the Tory party and Prime Minister?

• Boris Johnson

Votes: 86 41.1%
  • Jeremy Hunt

Votes: 123 58.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There's probably only a handful of people on here who have a say as to who our next Prime Minister will be.

However, if you could vote, and you HAD to vote for either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Hunt, who would you vote for?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think I'd go Boris as I think the best thing that can happen re: Brexit now is for a Brexiteer to take charge and **** things up beyond repair. Someone really, really stupid but also really Brexity.

Boris is our man.

Last edited:

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Hunt is slimey, Johnson's full blown nobbish. But Hunt is a slimey ****er.

He's also ****ing about whilst we have a growing crisis with Iran.... 1 ex Foreign Sec who messed about when he should be dealing with the Iranians and a current Foreign Sec messing about when he should be dealing with the Iranians...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is it just me that thinks with Johnson at the helm we'll become a global figure-of-fun in the same way most of us look at the USA with Trump running the show?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Is it just me that thinks with Johnson at the helm we'll become a global figure-of-fun in the same way most of us look at the USA with Trump running the show?

At least Trump was fairly elected - albeit with a minority of the total votes cast. Only a handful of people, relative to the size of the UK, get to elect one of two absolute wankers as the next PM. As pointed out already, both were negligent as Foreign Secretary and Hunt (easier to type than to say) was a disgrace as Health Secretary.

Neither should be eligible to run for PM, let alone not democratically elected.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I have gone beyond caring of how low this country can policitally go.
So as much as they are both cretins, I suppose I would like to see Johnson make an absolute mess of everything.
But it will be a very dark and scary day for this country, the man is a total idiot.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Hunt, shows competence and ability beyond simple cheerleading.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
At least Trump was fairly elected - albeit with a minority of the total votes cast. Only a handful of people, relative to the size of the UK, get to elect one of two absolute wankers as the next PM. As pointed out already, both were negligent as Foreign Secretary and Hunt (easier to type than to say) was a disgrace as Health Secretary.

Funny how Johnson has forgotten this:

Boris Johnson on Gordon Brown said:
It’s the arrogance. It’s the contempt. That’s what gets me. It’s Gordon Brown’s apparent belief that he can just trample on the democratic will of the British people. It’s at moments like this that I think the political world has gone mad, and I am alone in detecting the gigantic fraud...
They voted for Anthony Charles Lynton Blair to serve as their leader. They were at no stage invited to vote on whether Gordon Brown should be PM… They voted for Tony, and yet they now get Gordon, and a transition about as democratically proper as the transition from Claudius to Nero. It is a scandal. Why are we all conniving in this stitch-up? This is nothing less than a palace coup… with North Korean servility, the Labour Party has handed power over to the brooding Scottish power-maniac

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Johnson - There's just a chance that having a Brexit backing, old Etonian, clueless ****wit in charge will make people in this country finally wake up and smell the coffee.

I do appreciate I'm being wildly optimistic with this assertion.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I don't like either candidate but the unfairly elected thing bugs me. Those are the conservative party rules. The same thing happened when Blair retired. No-one except labour party members could vote for Brown as PM.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I think I'd go Boris as I think the best thing that can happen re: Brexit now is for a Brexiteer to take charge and **** things up beyond repair.

Boris is our man.

This. Johnson will hasten the collapse of the Tory Party and Brexit. It's easy for Johnson to spout his lies & general misinformation away from a position of responsibility - although when he was head of FCO, it didn't particularly hold him back. Once he's in power, it's a very different game. The more pragmatic tories will resign the whip or at least defy it if Johnson keeps to his word and attempts to push through his 'come what may' plan. Johnson is ****ed. The Tories are ****ed. Having said all that, Johnson has such solid form for being disingenuous, it would come as no huge surprise were he to change his position once in power. He was only a leaver immediately pre referendum for personal & political expedience.

Team Boris all the way.....

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I’d spoil my ballot paper. Wait, I HAVE to vote for one of them, you say? Christ. Dart at dart board time - they’re as bad as each other - in different ways.

No good? Hunt, I guess. Reluctantly. But not as reluctantly as a vote for Boris would be.

Hang on. Boris - isn’t that a Russian name? You don’t suppose that Putin has had a hand in this, do you?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Really, do we have to go over this again?

Voting for local MP, at GE, not the leader and therefore the PM, etc etc etc. That is how our democracy has been set-up. I have no idea how long since we had anything else, or when there was any difference between the UK parties on this one.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This. Johnson will hasten the collapse of the Tory Party and Brexit. It's easy for Johnson to spout his lies & general misinformation away from a position of responsibility - although when he was head of FCO, it didn't particularly hold him back. Once he's in power, it's a very different game. The more pragmatic tories will resign the whip or at least defy it if Johnson keeps to his word and attempts to push through his 'come what may' plan. Johnson is ****ed. The Tories are ****ed. Having said all that, Johnson has such solid form for being disingenuous, it would come as no huge surprise were he to change his position once in power. He was only a leaver immediately pre referendum for personal & political expedience.

Team Boris all the way.....

Oh I 100% believe he will do a u-turn when it comes to the crunch. He has no dignity nor shame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here